Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What we've been up to...

Now that Lydia's attention span is VERY short, I must always keep her entertained. So I think we are going to be at the park a lot over the next few months. It's easy, and Lydia loves it. This time she loved the slide... but as you can tell, she loved the old reliable swing as well!

Two cute stories that I must write down to remember:
Story #1
Every time Lydia does something that's worth a countdown (such as going down the slide) I always count her down by saying, "One, two, three" then she goes for it. Well, now she says it and it is so cute. Right when she gets to the top on the slide she says, "One, Three". I guess she just wants to get the party started so she skips right on over the two.
Story #2
Once again, there were lots and lots of planes that flew over our head and she had to wave at every single one of them. As they fly away she says, "Bye plane, see ya plane" over and over until they are no longer in her sight.
Here she is waving and saying her good-bye's!
This picture is just so I'll remember how cute and curly Lyd's hair is. I love it when she plays in the sprinklers because it is extra curly! Adorable!
One Wednesday, we had a shower for Darcie, Bones' soon to be wife (in about 2 weeks). We had a great time and are so excited to have Darcie in our family. She is the sweetest gal!
Some of the party people...

Today, we went swimming at Leash's place. Lydia had a good time swimming with her Grandpa and cousins! Thanks for the invite Leash!
For the first 30 minutes, Lydia just lounged back in her floatie ring. She looked so cute relaxing and laughing at her cousins. She was too scared to jump off the edge of the pool and into my arms, but as soon as she saw her younger cousin Ben doing it, she didn't want to look like a wuss!
So for the rest of the time at the pool, she jumped in and out, trusting me to catch her. Just before she jumped in, every time she said, "One, three" then jumped into my arms, once again skipping right over the two. What a cute little girl I have.

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

wait a minute - a mid week post? I wasn't expecting it.

Lyd's is so adorable. I just love her! Love her curly hair- She is getting so big so fast and I love all her funny things she does now. It still kills me over the airplanes - what a happy sweet loving baby!

Guess what? Their attention span just gets worse :) Love you!

TeamTyson said...

So Cute! I love Lydia's curls, it reminds me of Keslee's hair when she was little. You are a cute mom, you deserve to have a cute little girl.

Audrey said...

Lydia is so adorable! I love her little smile!

Veronica said...

Love her curly hair!! And your trip to Vegas looks so fun. I'm jealous! I feel terible for not commenting lately, but I've been reading all blogs through google reader and as far as I know, you can't comment through that. Call me lazy, but I haven't wanted to log back into blogger just to comment. Anyway, I've bene keeping up with you!