While Jake has been out of town on business the past couple of days, I've tried to find ways to entertain my kids. And by kids I mean Lydia AND Larry. So on Wednesday I took them both to that park on 15oo South and they loved it. The park is a whole new experience when there are actually trees to shade you. Lydia loved the swing and stayed on them the whole hour while staring at the all the planes that flew over our head. She saw about 15 planes and every time she saw one she would say, "Mane". Then when they disappeard, "Mane gone". I love that she is putting words together. They grow so dang fast.
On Wednesday night the Watts' invited us to go to Lagoon with them. Too bad Lydia was clingy the WHOLE time. She only rode 2 rides and this is what she looked like on the 2nd ride...
Then on Friday, I went to lunch with my friend Susan to Happy Sumo...yummy sushi! Then we did some shopping afterward. Susan and my mom were actually sisters-in-law many years ago (they married brothers) and they just clicked so they have been good friends ever since. So she has known me since I was born. I love Susan so much. You know how you meet people and they are just so genuinely nice and you think to yourself, "she is the nicest person I know"? Well, that's Susan in a nutshell. She is just such a great person...so sweet, kind, loving, thoughtful, charitable, giving...really, I could go on forever. Anyway, her and her husband are going on a mission to Hawaii for a year so this was our good-bye lunch! Thanks for lunch Susan. Love you! You're the best!
Now we're off to take naps!!!
4 comments:
What I wouldn't give for a vegas roll or a playboy (roll that is) :) hmmmmm
Sounds like you have had a great time with friends and family... Are you coming to Dianna's tommorrow? I'm excited to see you if you do. So Susan was married to Uncle Bob??
That's cool that she and your mom stayed friends even after divorce. It's great to have people like that in your life that you click with and love! Love L's face at Lagoon!
Sushi= yummy!
Glad you came with us to Lagoon! Next time we will make sure Lyd's has some food in her cute budha belly!
Post a Comment