Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Week!!!

Most of our week has been spent outside in the water. Although we have Lagoon passes, I'm just too lazy to drive up there every day, so we just filled up Lyd's baby pool from last year. She doesn't seem to mind. We'll get to Lagoon a beach eventually.
She still has that big baby belly! Too cute.
On Thursday, we had the chance to go to a session at the Bountiful temple with our friends' the Watts. Thanks for the invite...it's nice to go through with friends'. It can make it a different experience. And I'm so grateful for temples and the things that we do within their walls. I take for the granted the fact that there are dozens that surround me but I don't get there as often as I'd like. Hopefully that will change. Today the Watts invited us to go the Scottish festival. Hey, I'm scottish and I love hanging out with friends, so why not?! We had a blast. It was fun sitting under the big shaded trees listening to bagpipe players!
They had scottish dancing, singing and all of the traditions that go along with this culture.
They had balloon makers for the kids...
Lydia (it was really Jake) popped hers within 30 seconds of holding it. As you can see, she still played with it, or just used it for shade...whatever! It used to be a bunny, her favorite animal.
At the end, all of the bands united into one large group and played together. And let me tell you, that sound was amazing. Mom, you would have loved it.
I had my picture taken with the leader of the bands (can't remember what they call him) and I've got to be honest, he was kind of scary (very nice though).
We had a great time there today...thanks for inviting us Joey, Nettie and Madds.

Here's a few seconds of what the bagpipes sounded like all together. It was awesome.

7 comments:

Emilee said...

I just have to say that you guys are having way too much fun this summer and I am so very jealous! Can't wait to see you soon.

danielle and jason said...

Isn't the Scottish festival too cool? We went last year and it was so much fun. Jas still talks about the great food there. :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

Glad you guys came with us. WE love the scottish festival and yes that guy is scary! HE is called the Grand Master! At least he wasn't drunk this year ;)

TeamTyson said...

Hey if you ever want to go to Lagoon A Beach give me a call. My kids are dying to go. We went on Saturday and when we were in the line for the tubes Emry threw up and we had to leave, so my kids are anxious to get back. We have season passes too.

danielle and jason said...

That is too sad about Larry. What happened?...I thought they said it was no big deal and didn't need to be surgically repaired.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

That sounded so cool! I love the sound of bagpipes! Lydia looks so cute with her belly..I'm excited to meet her!

Veronica said...

Where and when was the festival?? That sounds like fun! Y'all will have to invite us next year! I am a Scott through and through. Maiden name is McCorkle!