It's been 6 years since Jake and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple! I can't believe it's been that long. We've shared a lot of memories together and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. To celebrate, we are going to see the new Batman movie then off to The Melting Pot for dinner. The amazing Watts' are watching Lyd's all day for us. Their anniversary was yesterday and we watched Madds for them. Why didn't we figure this out earlier. We could've started this swap years ago :)
I thought I'd post some pictures of our journey together up to our honeymoon.
This is the very first day we met. Not many people capture that on film. I would tell the story of how we met, but their were illegal actions taken on Jake's part and I don't want to incriminate him (true story). But here in the picture...
The day he proposed, he took me around to all the church history sites in Missouri. I had no idea he was going to pop the question that day! I guess I was blinded by love because apparently any idiot could've seen what was planned.
We went to Adam Ondi Omen and had a picnic...
Then he wrote me a song and sang it to me while playing the guitar. Keep in mind that Jake is tone deaf and can't play the guitar...at all. I've always wanted a guy to sing a song to me on the guitar so one way or another, he made that dream come true. He learned one chord and went to town. It was awesome. What a sweetie!
Here are a couple of engagement picutures....jpg)
Our wedding day...
I think this picture is perfect because it was soooo hot outside and by the end we were all shiny from sweating. And of course, since I was little, I wanted a long sleeved wedding dress which made it even worse!
On our honeymoon...a cruise through Mexico....jpg)
6 reasons I love Jake:
1. We made a beautiful, perfect little girl together.
2. I am SUPER sensitive, and he gets that.
3. I love it when he busts out his white boy dance moves in the car...he thinks he's so cool, and he is!
4. He gets over things really fast. He's quick to apologize and admit when he's wrong. He's also quick to forgive.
5. He's a directional guru.
6. In many situations, I know what he's going to say before he says it, and vice versa. I love that about us.
And one to grow on:
My favorite thing about Jake is his personality. He can talk to anyone about anything making them feel so comfortable. I'm quiet and reserved and he's loud and needs attention. I can just sit back and relax while Jake steals the show! We fit perfectly together!
Jake is my best friend. I love you honey.
Happy 6 year anniversary!
.jpg)
8 comments:
Congrats on 6 years!! The pictures are priceless... you two are so cute!
Your pics are awesome...I wish I had pics of the first day Randon and I met. Of course he would have been wearing some really bad glasses, and I would have had a bad perm so...I'll just pretend in my memory that we were hot, like you guys =) Congrats on 6 years!
Thanks so much for watching M and letting us go out for a date. You are so awesome together and congrats on the 6 years! We love you!
Erin, you are model material! With your blue eyes that are piercing, so photogenic!! Congrats! Its so funny because only a month before you guys, we were married in the same place! Here's to many more years of happiness!!
PS we honeymooned in Mehico too!
Happy Anniversary! Wow 6 years already and many more to come. Glad you had a great time together. Love the pictures!
Love the post!! It is fun to see some wedding and engagement pic's since we never really got to see those before. You guys are so cute together and you are right about creating a perfect little girl. She is adorable.
Happy Anniversary! Erin, I feel like you have been in the family forever and I consider you more a sister than a sister-in-law. Thanks for being a great friend too! I love hanging out with you and I am so glad you are part of our family...it just wouldn't be the same.
Post a Comment