Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girls' Trip...Viva Las Vegas!!!

That's right! The girl's finally took a trip together. The guys are always going on all of these sports trips, traveling around the United States following the Utes wherever they go! So the amazing Ducka planned a great trip and 4 of the sisters-in-law made it. Only half of us were there though. The other 4 couldn't come due to other commitments but we managed to have a wonderful time in the City of Sin.
I think there might be some inside jokes in this post, so sorry! I just want to remember all the fun things we said and did! But I will tell you this...the theme of our trip..."Livin' on the Edge"!!
Here we are in front of the famous sign.
Leash, Heather, Ducka and Myself...
We stayed at the South Point Hotel just off the strip and it was gorgeous, just a few years old.
We arrived late Thursday night and the two oldies in the group (who will remain nameless) wanted to go to bed and the two night owls, myself and Leash, stayed up and partied until 2am...livin' on the edge! The next day Leash and I slept in then went and sat by the pool drinking strawberry daiquiris (virgin, of course) while Duck and Heather went and saw the new Batman movie.
Our hotel had a huge horse arena in it so went for a while and watched the cowboys and gals round up some baby calves. I, of course was yelling and rooting for the little babies to rebel and run away from the pin they were supposed to go into...some listened :) That night we went to dinner at Cheeseburger Las Vegas. It was yummy! Heather, who drives like a crazy New York cab driver, sped us all over town in a rental car almost killing us, and others (valet parkers) on multiple occasions...livin' on the edge!
Then we were off to our first show, The Phantom of the Opera. You can't really see the chandelier in the backround, but it was amazing. The show was incredible and I got goosebumps throughout the whole thing. I may have even shed a tear. Their voices were amazing.

On Saturday, we woke up and the four of us hung out by the pool for a couple of hours.
We did some shopping and took some illegal pictures in the hat shop...livin' on the edge. I love Heather's Medusa snake in my face.
We went and got a pedicure. That was mine and Heather's first one and we loved it!
Our little piggies after...
We did some shopping then off to our 2nd show, Mystere by Cirque de Soleil. It was so odd, but I loved it. Very random things happend but the acrobatic things they did with their bodies were incredible. The men in that show were SOOO strong. It was unbelievable how they could just lift another person in the positions they were in.
Afterward we did a bit more shopping on the strip, then off to bed for our 6am wake up call on Sunday. Little did we know that we
WOULDN'T MAKE OUR FLIGHT!
This is what we thought about that...
Our little Beash has the sexy model face in that pic!
We consider ourselved pretty responsible ladies, but there was a mix up on our rental car. They charged us $100 more than they should have so we had to go customer service to fix it. We were literally TWO minutes late for check in and they wouldn't let us through. We were still 45 minutes early with no luggage to check, but they said their policy was no check in 45 minutes before departure. Lame, I know. We totally could've made it. And of course, all other flights for the whole day were booked. So what do we do...
ROAD TRIP!!!
We were bummed at first, but it ended up being a really fun time. The two crazy drivers, Duck and Heather, broke the law in many ways and scared me to death most of the way home...livin' on the edge! We laughed pretty much the whole way home, playing silly little games for hours. You know how sometimes you laugh so hard that you aren't even laughing because you just can't get it out it was that funny. I LOVE that. Well that happend multiple times...
Driving along and all of a sudden Ducka's Root Beer spills all over her. She looks at her drenched shirt and pants while driving and all she can say is, "That's okay" in the most hilarious Ducka voice EVER.
Playing a game where you name celebrities...We're saying names like Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman and Sarah Jessica Parker. And Leash out of nowhere yells, "Nancy Kerrigan". Wasn't she around like 15 years ago?!
Girl trips are the best and I hope we do another one in the future. Although the ending wasn't how we planned, it still turned out to be a great time!
Thanks girls for making me laugh :)

12 comments:

Jacob D. Johnsen said...

I doubt the dudes in the show were THAT strong....It's all steroids anyway. I could look like that if you wanted me to start shooting up my veins....But...whatever....Im all natural man beef anyway. Thats the way God made it.

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a fun girls trip! I am a little concerned with their driving and you being scared because I think you are a crazy lady driving also!
Glad you had a fun time and got to see some amazing stuff!

Clark Family said...

Loved the post!! I don't think mine will be able to live up to yours. That really was such a fun trip. I was trying to tell Bones and Darci about all of the laughs we had but they didn't think it was as funny as I did. Guess you had to be there!

H&HJohnsen said...

I love all the pictures!! Your life was never in danger, maybe the valets, but not yours. I was in total control the whole time!! Thanks for the fun times. You girls are the BEST!!!! Heather

Ben and Ash said...

Erin!!! I have not checked blogs in so long so I am catching up.
That sounds so fun!! What a great time. Lounging at the pool and what not. Ben and I went to "Five Guys." We really liked it. Ben LOVED it!!!
Glad you had a great time in Vegas.

A and L Stapley said...

It sounds like you had a pretty eventful trip... and I'm glad to hear that you made it safely home despite all the near death experiences it sounds like you had. I had to chuckle when you said you were laughing so hard its like you weren't laughing at all, becuase I used to have this problem that if I laughed too hard it was like I wasn't making sound, but I couldn't breath and then it would scare me that I wasn't breathing... i'm strange I know. Anyway sorry for the long post, glad you had a great time!

Ben and Ash said...

One more thing...I'm so glad that you finally pampered your piggies! Isn't it a delight??? One of my all time favorite things. You think that I would give it up with all the nail fungus I see day in and day night but I just can't deny my love.

Heather Jones said...

It sounds so fun I am glad you had a good time!! Love the driving stories my mom and dad are awful and scare me to death ever since I can remember!! Thanks for coming up before your flight that was so nice of you!!

melynda said...

how fun, WE LOVE VEGAS!! i think its so awesome we get to live so close!!! i am glad you had fun.

Audrey said...

How great that you got a girls' weekend! Sounds like a blast!

Marti said...

I am so jealous! Everyone needs a girl's trip once in a while. Your post was hilarious, but I wonder how funny a post from the Daddys that stayed home and took care of children might be! :)

danielle and jason said...

I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but I love the Vegas!! I can't believe you guys packed so much into such a short time. Phantom is one of my all time favorites and seeing it live is AMAZING!!