Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friends' and Long Lost Family!!!


This weekend, once again, went by really fast but my favorite day was Saturday. A few of my friends' and I went and got wonderful massages. Every now and then they do 2 for 1's so instead of it being $25 a person, it's only $12.50. And let me tell you, it is so worth getting up at 6:30 am for a $12.50 massage. It was wonderful...probably the best one I've had there. Here's a little hint for anyone who wants to go: always ask for an advanced student. They are about to graduate and actually know what they are doing!!
Later that morning, our friend Veronica decided that she was sick of having winter babies, so she threw a half b-day for her kids (any excuse to have a pool party right?). It was so much fun and the kids really seemed to enjoy it.
Hinarei and Lydia didn't quite get the concept of a slip n slide. So they just stood there trying to figure out what to do! Lydia kept running on it, falling on it, then she'd run to me crying wondering what went wrong.
They had a water balloon fight. We had lots of fun. Thanks for the invite Cody and Veronica!
Later that night we headed to another b-day party. On my dad's side I only have one set of cousins, which I haven't seen for about 1o years (exept for Monica). Lately we've been keeping in contact through this lovely thing we all like to call BLOGGING!!! So, my cousin Dianna invited us to her kids' b-day party.
The b-day kids' Emily and Easton.
It was so nice to see my cousins and get reaquainted again! Ten years is a long time.
Here are all the girls'
Monica, myself, Lisa and Dianna.
Here we are with our significant others. And my cousin Robert in the front, who, by the way, I didn't even recognize when I saw him because he's changed so much! I just think they are the cutest family! I forgot how sweet my Aunt Linda and Uncle Brent were. Jake and I really had a good time.
Thanks Dianna and Nate for thinking of us. Having family in Utah (on my side) is so nice for me, so we must get together more often!

7 comments:

Rivers and Monica said...

Wow!! I didn't realize what a busy day you guy's had yesterday. It was really fun to see you again. You actually left just before the huge water fight broke out which ended up with me, robert, and rivers soaked.

Joey and Nettifer said...

so glad you are getting to know your family again!

A and L Stapley said...

Hey CUZ! It was so fun to see you guys again! We will definetly have to get together again so we don't let 10 years easily slip by. By the way, thanks for all those birthday cards you would send when we were younger, I don't know if I ever really properly thanked you, but it was always nice to know you were thinking about me!

TeamTyson said...

Looks like fun! I can see the family resemblance...you and your cousins are all beautiful! Sorry we missed you at Lagoon last week. We will have to plan a not-so-chance meeting one of these days =)

melynda said...

looks like you had a fun weekend, thanks again for the bark and watching toby. you guys are such great friends.

Margo said...

Love the birthday party with your family. It is always nice to meet up with family. It was very nice talking to you at Veronica's pool party. I always see you but never got the chance to really get to know you. The picture of Lydia and Hinarei trying to figure how to do the slip n slide is way cute.

danielle and jason said...

Jas and I love UCMT!! we used to go all the time when they had those deals. Jas was always freaked out that he was gonna get stuck with a guy (because that would be totally inappropriate, right?) :) I cannot believe how long its been since I commented on your blog. I had a ton of posts to look thru today. Sorry I am such a bad friend.