Once again, another month has gone by and my baby boy is now eight months old! He's finally getting
his knees up under him and rocking back and forth. He's SO close to crawling!
I SERIOUSLY CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT SMILE!!!
He absolutely loves bath time. I busted out the duckie tub even though he still can't sit yet! He's really lazy when it comes to sitting. He flails his body about SO much that he doesn't even give himself a chance to learn how to sit. If you know this kid, you know that he is a wiggly one; has been for as long as I can remember...and I'm talking even when he was in the womb!
AT EIGHT MONTHS:
*He's getting better at eating solids. He's still picky but even if he doesn't like it, he'll still open his mouth and eat it! Funny kid!
*He got two teeth which made his sleeping habits even worse than they already are.
Story: Because he was teething, he was super cranky. His teeth came in and he was still not himself and I could tell no other teeth were close to coming in. So I let about two weeks go by before I finally acted on my motherly instincts to take Nate in and get him checked by a doctor.
I explained to the pediatrician that his personality has totally changed and I thought there was more to it than just his gums hurting and a little runny nose but either way I just needed peace of mind. She said so many parents bring their children in and usually once they start teething, crawling, going through life changes, etc. their personalities just change. I was praying this wasn't the case with Nate and that there really was something wrong (sad to say).
Anyway, she checked his ears and it turns out he has an ear infection. Poor guy has been in pain and cranky for two weeks due to his poor ears (left ear to be exact). He never grabbed them and as long as he was being held he was totally happy so I didn't think about it! But as time went on, I felt I had to take him in. Thank goodness I did (I just wish I had followed my instinct earlier)! He's on meds now so hopefully I'll get my happy baby back. Since he's not teething anymore, maybe he'll actually start sleeping through the night once the ear infection goes away! Love you bud! Happy eight months!
Valentine's Day Events
As a child, one of Jake's traditions was making a valentine's box to take to school. I thought I'd keep that tradition alive with Lyd's. We had so much fun making it together! When she took it to preschool, she was actually the only one that made one (I guess that tradition has died because Jake said that was the thing everyone did when he was young)!
Lydia is definitely in the stage of "silly face pictures"!!! Gotta love the personalities of children!Valentine's morning, Lydia woke up to some goodies from mom and dad! Again with the face!
Poor little Nate. I bought him his bucket but never found anything to put in it; then I just forgot about it until V-day morning! Whoops! At least he doesn't haven't a clue!
Lydia and Nate got the cutest shirts for V-day! Thanks so much for getting them for us!
We love our little "Eligible Bachelor"!
Lydia also got this adorable Hello Kitty mirror that lights up! She thinks it's the coolest thing ever!
My mom sent Lydia the coolest toothbrush. You push a button on it and it flashes on and off for one minute and you brush your teeth until it stops flashing. So Lydia's new ritual is turning off the bathroom light and brushing her teeth in the dark for one minute, then pushing it again and brushing one more time. Hey, two minutes of brushing is AWESOME! Perfect gift mama! Thanks!
I signed up to volunteer for Valentine's Day at Lydia's preschool. I just love going there and seeing her all grown up and independent! They played some fun games, iced cookies and made valentine's with me!
Here's Lydia with her buddies Sophie and Brock! She talks about Sophie all the time so it was fun to see them play together!
Jake has been so supportive of me and my choice to be a six month vegan. For V-day he got me a few different vegan chocolates from a bakery shop in SL and he made me a card that said "Happy Vegantine's Day"! So funny! Such a sweetheart! And those chocolates were A-MA-ZING! Who would have thought! There was this heart shaped chocolate that was filled with a Peanut Butter filling....mmmm! So yummy! Thanks honey for making my Vegantine's such a yummy one when I thought it wasn't possible!!!!






5 comments:
Congrats on being 8 months Nate!! Wow he is sooooo ready to crawl, love it when they reach milestones! And his laughter is so adorable! He is such a cutie pie, I could eat him up :) What a fun time you had making Lyds box. I made one with Bri last year but got lazy this time around, so I bought her one, hehe! What a sweet hubby to get you some Vegan treats, seriously thoughtful. Oh and that shirt you got for Nate, LOVE IT! He really is such a stud. I will need to see about those toothbrushes that light up, so darn cool!!
1st - Nate is so freaking cute and that smile and his eyes! Wow he looks so much like Lyd's it is crazy.
Love that Lyd's still likes to run around in under wear! Hilarious
GOing to school is so fun with the kids! Love it
I use to make boxes growing up too! I was a little disapointed when Mads teacher had them decorate a paper bag- really a paper bag. I think they should bring it back!
Happy Vegantines! Hilarious!
Love his smile!! So sad about the ear infection I hate that they can't tell us. When bray had his double one he was so sad until I got him on Meds! Love his little shirt way cute. I made boxes with the girls for pre school and totally forgot anything for poor Jordan. I felt so bad when he came home with the bag. I realized I had not done anything for him to keep his valentines in. Since the girls did their's at school I guess I figured Jordan was too, what a bad Mom. I am glad to know other kids did not have anything either. Also way cute Video for Jake love all the pictures!
We totally decorate boxes for valentines down here. Cambree didn't while in pre-school but since Elementary started they totally do. We made a cute dog this year. I'll have to post a pic. I can't believe Nate is 8 months either. So crazy! I hope he starts feeling better. Love you guys!
That Nate is so adorable! I can't get enough of that smile either!
I can't believe Lydia was the only one with a box! We always made them growing up, and Ada has gotten to make one the last two years for preschool. I guess elementary school is going to be a disappointment!
Post a Comment