My friend Kristin told me once that if you want your child to learn, you need to teach them yourself and you can't rely on others to do it for you. Duh! Why didn't I think of that?! I was so worried that she couldn't write her name yet and most of her friends could. Since Nate, I stopped our mommy/daughter preschool so I wasn't teaching her anything.
So I finally decided to take the time each day to teach her the letters of her name and within a few days she did it! She learned her letters and wrote her own name all by herself with NO help from anyone! Yay Lyd's!!!
When we started, all she could write was the letter L. We love you Lydia and we're so proud of your accomplishment!
Last Wednesday I was able to tag along with Lydia and her friends on their second field trip of the school year. We went to Sweet's Candy Factory to see how candy was made!
Here's Lydia with best buds Brock and Jordan getting ready for the tour to start!
Don't they look so cute in their hair nets? Love Jordan's face!
It was pretty cool how they made some of the candy! We even got to try some fresh off the conveyor belt! Since Nate is such a good baby, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to take him along. He even had to wear a hair net! Once I got it out of his peripheral vision, he didn't bother it at all. I love this age (out of sight, out of mind)!!!
Last Thursday night, our good friends the Pehrson's invited us out to celebrate Ben's birthday! We just love the Pehrson's so much and are so glad that even though we live a couple hours apart and hardly ever get to see each other, we have the best time when we hang out!
Even though we took a "proper" picture, I still had to put this one. It wouldn't be Ben without the pulled faces!
Then on Sunday, we got to witness the blessing of the newest member of their family, little Lawson Alma Pehrson! Due to illness, we couldn't have our sleepover, so we drove out on Sunday, spent a few hours, then headed back home.
Their adorable, little family is now complete. What a miracle it was to have Lawson join their family. Their story is such a story of faith, patience and trust in the Lord and if you knew the Pehrson's, you would know that those words describe them perfectly. They've been through a lot and what a blessing to have Lawson as a result of their faithfulness.
We love you guys so much and without getting too mushy, you honestly do make us better people for knowing you. You are so much fun to hang out with; it's always nonstop laughs with you guys. I love that our girls' have fun together and now our boys can grow up and be buds!
You know, there are just those people you click with and get along with perfectly, and you guys are definitely that for us! Congrats on your baby boy! So glad we could make it for such a special day!!!

5 comments:
Way to go Lydia!! Congratulations on writing your name, what a big girl you are :) Don't feel bad I couldn't understand why Brielle could not cut with scissors and realized it was up to me as well, hehe! She learned in like 5 minutes!! Yeah you feel like a total slacker, lol!
Your friends have the cutest family, so glad they could welcome their baby boy, sounds like a story of faith. How fun you could spend sometime with them, bummer they live so far away :(
The candy factory looks like fun, we have never been. It might be interesting to see how they make candy, I will need to go.
P.S. I LOVE your blog's new facelift, hehe! Very nice, glad you could figure out the large picture settings :)
Good Job smarty pants Lydia! Way to write your own name!
Your friends are so precious. Can't wait to read the story! Wow is all I have to say. Good times and got to love Best friends!
I love Sweet's candy! Yummy in my tummy!
Aww...Erin, you guys are the greatest and I am so glad that we got to hang with you for a bit. You are seriously some of our besties! We have the greatest time with you guys. I think we need to plan a little vacay, for this summer or something.
Im not sure I would hold us in the same light that you do, but Lawson is definitely a miracle. I am so glad you guys have been with us all along our journey. We love you guys! Thanks so much for making the long trip down it means so much to us.
Way to go Lydia that is what I have been trying to do with jordan. I hope he will get his name soon too. Thanks so much for taking him on the field trip they look so cute. Love good friends sorry you did not get to stay longer with them. It sounds like they are very happy to have their little boy
Yea to Lyds for writing her name! I love that she is a head taller than Brock and Jordan in the picture - our children are just so little! Thanks for taking them!
Post a Comment