Friday, September 17, 2010

Nate is 3 Months....The Lion King!

I can't believe this little boy is three months old already. He's growing WAY too fast...and he looks it too. Maybe it's because he's already in 6-9 month clothes and can fit pretty well in 12 month clothes as well!!! I'm in love with this smile!
I just love this little outfit. Thanks Anabel! I've been waiting for him to grow into it. Thank goodness I got it out yesterday...otherwise he wouldn't fit into it when he's actually supposed to at 6 months!
Anytime I take pics of Nate, I always have Lydia around because he coos and smiles at her no matter what mood he's in. He loves her so much already. It's so precious to see his smile the second he sees her or here's her voice!
I LOVE those dimples of his (got them from his daddy)! I haven't gotten the perfect picture of them yet so this is as good as it gets! His cheeks are super chubby so I know his dimples will show more when he thins out!
We always joke about him "thinking up plans" because his hands are always together as he twiddles his fingers. It's hilarious! Well it is to us anyway! 90% of the time he's "coming up with one idea or another", even in his sleep!

From the day he was born and they laid him on his stomach on my chest, he has been lifting his head. It's amazing the strength this boy has and how much stronger he gets every day!
This kid is ALREADY moving across the floors and he's been doing it since he was 9 weeks old! I'll put him under his favorite toy (below) and in 5 minutes he's 10 feet away from it. It's amazing! He almost rolled over the other day! I'm in big trouble with this kid when he starts crawling (which will probably be sooner than I'd like)!!!
I just love these two and I love how much they love each other already. From the moment Lydia saw him, she fell in love and has been the best big sister ever since! And Nate hasn't complained...he loves her already, just as much!

THE LION KING
Last night we were able to take Lydia out on a little date to The Lion King at Capitol Theater! We try to give Lydia as much attention as we can so when we left Nate with Rod and Sue, Lydia was actually bummed that he wasn't coming with us! I guess doesn't mind having him around all the time. This pic was at 10:15pm after the show so Lydia was a little delirious at this point. She was so tired during the show but forced herself to stay awake because she didn't want to miss anything!

And of course, Lydia behaved perfectly, sitting in her seat or on my lap just watching the show the whole 2 1/2 hours. I have one of the best three year olds out there! She's such a joy to be around and I love that she's such a good girl and can enjoy the same things that us adults do (movies, plays, 4 hour football games, etc.)!!!
I can't even tell you how much I loved this show! We all loved it! In the first scene when all the animals came down the isles and they were singing "The Circle of Life", I got chills and I'll admit a tiny bit teary-eyed! Then Jake leans over and says, "Are they lip-syncing?" Oh how I love that guy! He tries so hard to enjoy the things I do...he just doesn't have a clue though!

I fell completely in love with the music! Breathtaking! And don't even get me started on Rafiki!, my favorite character by far. Her voice was incredible; not the normal "Broadway" voice but more of that African soul (if there is such a thing)! Amazing! I could go back and see it again tomorrow it was that good! Probably in my top two shows for sure! They still have tickets so I recommend you seeing it before it's over! Thanks for the fun night family! So glad we could go together!

2 comments:

Delibette said...

Erin, your kids are adorable. A little Nate is so cute. He really look pretty big for 3 months. I saw the little show of Lion King in Animal Kingdom in FL and it was amazing and I got chills too. I bet the one that you saw it's pretty awesome. Btw, you're awesome for running after 11 weeks of gave birth. Pretty amazing! and your last summer BBQ... I'm totally jealous! Utes fans knows how to PARTY. Btw, your Utah man song on your blog make me LOL. That's cool! GO UTES!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Look how precious Nate's dimples are - oh my heck he is such a beautiful baby! seriously! I am glad I got to love on him the other day! To precious!

I so heart Lion King! Glad you got in! I am with you on Rafiki!