Sunday, September 12, 2010

BBQ's, Races & Football....3 of Our Favorite Things!!

Tons of Food+
15 Adults+
13 Kids+
7 Dogs+
1 Circular Road
=
Cul-De-Click BBQ
We've had a fun few days. Last Wednesday we thought it would be fun to have what will probably be the last BBQ of the summer. Our cul-de-sac got together, ate and enjoyed each other's company. A new couple moved into the circle so it was fun to get to know them and invite them into all of our craziness!!! We were having so much fun until Lydia decided to be the center of attention and added an extra chin to her face! This pic was taken just after it happened and it was already so swollen and bruised.
It was so sad! She was riding her bike and the wheel didn't go over the lip of the driveway and she flew over the handle bars and smashed all of her weight onto her chin. Luckily it just goose-egged. If it would have split, she would have bled forever and recieved stitches for sure! But she was brave and only cried for a few minutes. Perfect timing for her to get her pictures taken on Monday!

(Sidenote: since this accident she has hit her eye on a chair, gotten a sticker shaped sunburn under her eye and fell on her face on the cement: all resulting in more scratches, scuff marks and weird shaped sunburns on her face....GREAT!)

Utah Marathon Relay
A Full Marathon
1/5 of the Pain
On Saturday morning I got up bright and early to be at my very first relay race. My friend Lynette put it together and I'm so glad she invited me to do it. It was so much fun to run in a race again after a 2 year hiatus. Lynette, my SIL Jessica, myself, Melynda and her mom Polly ran the race together. We each ran 5.2 miles, which equaled a full marathon and it was a perfect starting race for me.
It's hard to see but here's Polly handing the baton off to Melynda.
Melynda with one mile left! She is my hero. She ran her leg in like 8 1/2 minute miles. Oh to be that fast again! Maybe one day! Nice job for being the fastest member of our team!!!
Next, Ducka was off on her leg! One of the coolest things about this race is that it was for a cause that means something to me...Cystic Fibrosis. One of my friends has CF so it was nice to contribute even just a tiny bit to help. Love you Em!!!
Then I was off on my leg. I was bummed because I finished my leg later than I wanted but I need to cut myselft some slack...I did just have a baby 11 weeks ago!
My stats:
5.2.miles
52 min 5 sec
Avg: 10 min 1 sec miles
I wanted to do at least 10 minute miles but failed by a second per mile. Oh well, the best part about my training is that in the four weeks I trained, I lost 15 pounds!! Woohoo!!! It was all worth it right there!
Jake and Lydia came out to support me....well, really he came to drop the baby off so he could go to the Ute Walk at 11:30! Thanks honey!
Me passing the baton off to Lynette
Me recieving my medal!
Go Lynette...one mile left!
Our final team member crossing the finish line!!!
Our Team Stats:
Finished 85th out of 125 teams
3rd Place in the:
Women's Division "Friends" Category
Total Team Time: 4:03:43
Mylenda took the kids home so she wasn't there for the picture but here are three of the five members of the team after our race! It was lots of fun! Thanks ladies for getting my post baby butt in gear and letting me do this race with you!
Saturday afternoon we went to the Utah VS. UNLV game. It was Nate's first game and of course he was perfect! Not one peep out of him...not even when he kept getting woken up by all the screaming fans every two minutes!
And don't even get me started on Lydia. Where did this kid come from? She left with Jake and went to the Ute Walk at 11:30am so she was out in the sun doing "football stuff" for 6 hours, didn't complain once and had herself a great time in the process. And let me tell you, Jake is eating that up! He loves that Lydia has so much fun at football games and is so well-behaved! I am amazed at this child and how good she is. I'm so blessed to have her for a daughter!
Here she is with Swoop at the Ute Walk!
Here we are...Nate at his first football game (one of many in his lifetime, I'm sure!!).


Lydia had so much fun eating her cotton candy and playing with Willy!


What do you get when you ask a drunk guy to take your picture with an expensive camera? A not very good picture, that's what. How hard is it to take a picture, seriously?! So here's my blurry, up too close picture not including everyone. There were 9 of us and only 8 in the picture...hmmm (sorry Herb, you got chopped off)!!!
It was a really fun day. And can I just say how much I love watching the Johnsen boys at these games. They are seriously in complete bliss for three hours so happy and content! It's such a fun thing to see. I was smiling just watching them cheer and laugh the whole game. Just don't go to a game where they lose...that's a whole different story!!!



GO UTES!!!

5 comments:

melynda said...

i still cant believe lyds chin, so sad.
the race was a total blast! still sad we didnt get a group picture:( oh well, next year right!

Bel said...

Oh poor Lyds it looks so painful :( But she looks better now and hopefully by the time you get her pictures taken it will have faded even more. Way to go on running!! You all did so good and althought it looks like so much fun I have to admit I am happy with my decision, hehe! Maybe next year?? Who I am kidding probably not, lol! But you all woman are AMAZING and I totally wish I had the running gene in my body. So cute you got to go to your first Ute game as a family of four, yay! So fun!! See you in a couple of weeks, be good and don't do too many things without me, hehe!!

Emilee said...

Poor Lydia, Im glad she didnt need stitches, that is the worst. I am so grateful that you ran for CF when I saw that on facebook, tears came to my eyes. You are amazing and we love you guys!

Margo said...

Wow congratulations to you ladies for a good run. You women are amazing, seriously!! I really want to join you next year for a relay race!! Poor Lydia she has not been the luckiest girl lately with everything that happened to her face, seriously!! Poor thing!! Good thing that no matter what she is a natural beauty and her pictures today will be perfect. Love your family at the Utes game. Glad the U won and BYU didn't oh well that's life!!

Heather Jones said...

So sad Lydias poor chin it looks so soar! Way to go on the race you are awesome!!! I wish I could loose my baby weight faster maybe if I was good and stopped eatting junk! I would actually love to watch Jake and his brothers at a game I bet it is funner then the game! That is great Lydia loves them!!