Lydia survived her first performance of the year and she did so with FLYING colors. I can't even begin to describe how happy it makes me to see Lydia dancing in front of everyone with such confidence. I was always afraid that my children would be cursed with the "shy" gene that I was so wonderfully blessed with. But after her first failed performance last October, she's been on fire ever since!!!
I couldn't be more proud. On Saturday (May 1st), Lydia participated in her first competition and she did AWESOME!!!! Here she is before the dance. Lydia loves that her cousin Lizzy is in dance with her...don't mind Lydia's awkward smile :)
Proud mama with Lydia before they went on stage.
Here are most of the girls' in her group getting ready to dance.
"Hit it"
Here's the end pose. I told Lydia not to get out of position for anything and boy did she listen. She stayed in pose until about the third person told her to get off stage. Cute girl!!
Daddy and Lydia after the competition was over. We didn't go back for the awards ceremony that night but I heard that Lydia's little dance team won 2nd place in their devision and they also won the "Most Adorable Award" and duh, of course they did. They were the cutest little things out there! So tiny :) And Legacy Dance also won the "Spirit Award" and we deserved it. Our mom's and dad's of these performers were so loud and supportive...it was great!
Here's the video if you want to watch it. Lydia seriously was SOOO prepared for this day:
-She had like 90% of the dance memorized
-Every time we practiced at home she would say "One more time, K mom?" Dedicated!
-She just loves to dance and that makes me so happy!
-And she has the best teacher EVER! Lydia just idolizes Miss Mo and why wouldn't she? She's awesome. We love Miss Mo!
She did wonderfully and because of my shyness when I was young, I can now live vicariously through my three year old daughter!!! Love you Lyd's! We are so proud of you! (Just pause the music to the right if you want to watch)!
Yea way to go Lydia!!! She did an AWESOME job couldn't be more proud of her!!! Love their stinking cute outfit so adorable!! I think they were the cutest!! Love Lydia pose and big smile. She did fabulous!!!
Good job Lydai! You looked so cute and danced amazing! I think you are a natural! Their outfits are so cute! Love the blue tutu underneath the skirt also! You are adorable!
she is a DOLL! Way to go! that is so cute to watch and I can't wait for Avery to dance! Love it! Oh I wanted to ask if you have a name for the little guy yet? I understand if you want to wait to tell. :)
She did so good! We love her so much and are so happy that Bri and her can be in dance together and be sweet little friends :)
PS Took some pics from the performance since I couldn't do both. Funny that crazy lady sitting in the front waving at her kid looks like me from the back, oh wait it is!! Haha!
8 comments:
Yea way to go Lydia!!! She did an AWESOME job couldn't be more proud of her!!! Love their stinking cute outfit so adorable!! I think they were the cutest!! Love Lydia pose and big smile. She did fabulous!!!
Good job Lydai! You looked so cute and danced amazing! I think you are a natural!
Their outfits are so cute! Love the blue tutu underneath the skirt also!
You are adorable!
Go Lydia!!! You were amazing!! I love how much you practice it is making you such a great dancer. I love you!! Miss Mo
So cute!
she is a DOLL! Way to go! that is so cute to watch and I can't wait for Avery to dance! Love it! Oh I wanted to ask if you have a name for the little guy yet? I understand if you want to wait to tell. :)
That was so fun! She is awesome, keep up the good work! It is fun to see you guys everyweek :-)
So stinking cute there is nothing like watching your girls dance! She looked so cute!
She did so good! We love her so much and are so happy that Bri and her can be in dance together and be sweet little friends :)
PS Took some pics from the performance since I couldn't do both. Funny that crazy lady sitting in the front waving at her kid looks like me from the back, oh wait it is!! Haha!
Post a Comment