Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Family Time!

A few months ago Jake had the idea to do a family temple night every few months to share in spiritual experiences with our family! Rod and Sue (Jake's parents) recently became temple workers at the Bountiful Temple and Rodney was doing his first session so we thought it would be the perfect time to start this new tradition.

It was so much fun watching Rodney do his thing in front of everyone and I loved that we could all be in the celestial room together after! What an experience it was and I can't wait for our next...

5 of their 8 children were able to be there along with 3 of the in-laws. Not all of us could be there but it was still a very enjoyable experience. I love the Johnsen Family!!! Well, my dad officially graduated from Chemo Therapy last week. We are all so proud of him and the great job he's done of staying so positive during this whole horrible situation for the past three months. I can't believe its been that long already!

He only has three more radiation treatments left and he's done!!! Yay! But of course he had yet another set back so they postponed his last treatments for at least a week! My poor dad just can't catch a break but what a great example of faith and courage he has been to me! I love you dad and we're all here for you!

Here we are visiting him at Mt. Olympus Care Center!
In this pic: Myself, my oldest sister Tammie, my grandparents, my dad and of course Lydia. I love this picture of Lydia and my dad. So sweet! She prays for him in every prayer she gives, saying that she hopes Grandpa Frandsen will feel better. It really is the sweetest thing.
Last night for FHE we had a lesson on Fire and Earthquake Safety. The Lord said,
"If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear" so hopefully we learned a little something in preparation for the future!!!

For our activity we went bowling. This was Lydia's first time and man did she enjoy herself. She loved the lights, the music, and of course the bowling!

Here she is getting ready... (as any dancer would, she had her "Hands on Hips" posing for the picture).
Chose the ball...
Execution....in the second game Jake only beat Lyd's by 2 points. Go Lydia! She did have the bumpers and ball roller thingy to assist but whatever!
And it's not Lydia style without dancing! She didn't stop the whole time. So dang cute!

Daddy giving pointers...
Love this little gal!!!

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Your dad looks so good! I don't know what I imagined but from hearing all the stories he looks wonderful! So glad that he is getting one step closer to being done!

Yeah for bowling! Way to go Lydia!

Margo said...

That is such a great tradition to start. I love going to the temple with Wayne's family. Wow your dad is truly an amazing man of great faith and perseverance!! Glad to know he is doing great. We will still keep him in our prayers. Way to go Lydia, she is so cute!! Love bowling!!

Heather Jones said...

That is so fun I wish our family would do that. It makes it a little more speacial with family there I think. That is great your dad is doing better and almost done. I can see where the blue eyes come from. Love bowling always fun!

Emilee said...

Looks like you guys have been up to lots. Lyds, dancing was adorable!!! Hope to see you guys soon!

Bel said...

So glad your dad is getting better slowly, poor guy its been a long and hard road. Lyds looks like she totally got into the bowling, what a cutie. We will have to go together the girls would totally enjoy it :)