So, according to the US, the reason I'm measuring so big is because this baby's belly is so dang big. His belly alone is measuring at a whopping 39 weeks! The rest of him (head, arms, legs, etc) is measuring about a week big so the average of it all is that I'm measuring 1 1/2 weeks bigger than I actually am.
Wow, I am HUGE!!!! Here I am at 36 weeks!
That's just cruel!!! But because of his size, I am at higher risk of C-Section and inducing me early does not lower that risk due to the fact that my body might not be ready.
So the doctor said, "Let's just hope that he comes on his own some time in the next week or so!" So apparently he is healthy and strong if the Dr. doesn't mind him coming 3 weeks early. I see my OB in two days and I'm excited to see what she finds on my progress. Hopefully I'll be dilated and thinned out a bit!!! One can only hope!!!!
7 comments:
Wow mama! You can cook them good! I couldn't eat candy when I was prego with Izabel - you can do it. I did it for 15 weeks! I hope he comes on his own. I would hate to have a c-section! Didn't Lyd's always have a cute chubby tummy?
When they did an ultra sound with me and Madelyn when I was 35 weeks. They did the whole weight thing and then guessed what she would weigh and they were right on! Pretty cool what they can do these days with these babies and ultra sounds!
Good Luck!
To help ease your mind a little bit about delivering a giant, they all thought Devin would be a giant because I was always measuring 4-5 weeks ahead, even in the beginning. My doc thought he would be 9 pounds at 39 weeks (when they delivered him). I had SIX ultrasounds with him, and each time he measured really big by their calculations. Then when he was born at 39 weeks, he was only 7/7. And a friend of mine was also measuring huge all along and at 36 weeks they said the baby weighed 8/11. Well four weeks later at delivery he was only 9/1. So they can be dead wrong, even with multiple U/S.
But who knows. Only time will tell and women deliver huge babies the old fashioned way ALL the time. My best friend had a 10 pounder the way God intended, and he also had linebacker shoulders to boot! So you may not need a CS anyway. But aren't you glad that your guy is on the chubby side? So healthy!! Good luck :)
Well he is a healthy baby and that is all that matters. I have heard that in the majority of cases the weight measurements are off so I would not worry too much about that or a C-section. Doctors many times jump to conclusions on what your body is capable or not. Working in the hospital in the maternity department taught me that big babies can be delivered vaginally specially when its your second and your body knows what to do. Rather than the baby being big whats important is the position of the baby (if they are facing the correct side). So try not to worry too much you are a woman of faith and everything will work out. Sorry you are on diet that would be soooooo hard :(
Isn't pregnancy always strange and different? Good luck, hope everything goes well. Guess if you miss a day at dance we will know why!
You poor thing. I'm hoping for your sake he comes this week!! Hopefully Jake is letting you put your feet up! Just try and get as much rest as possible cause those sleepless nights are right around the corner! =) Love you!
Good luck Erin! The last 4 weeks are miserable anyway without having to eat carefully and knowing your baby is at a good delivery size and you still have 4 weeks left! I wish you the best and am excited to see pictures of your little guy!
You are one sexy Mama. Love your tummy! Don't worry about it, I know your baby will be healthy and strong. I can't wait to meet that little guy too!
Post a Comment