Sunday, May 09, 2010

Train Day...34 Weeks Pregnant...Mother's Day!

Lydia has been waiting for weeks to ride on a train and the day finally came yesterday. She's really obsessed with trains for some reason and has wanted to get on one for a really long time. I've been pretty sick since Wednesday and wasn't feeling very well but I couldn't let my girl down so off we went on our day adventure!

We got up Saturday morning and took the Frontrunner up to Ogden to the train museum! Here we are waiting for the train to come!
She soaked up the whole train ride and at every stop on the way up she was concerned that we would have to get off already!
I was pretty sick and didn't feel like walking much and we also thought Lydia would be bored in the museum so we just hung out outside and climbed on every train possible. Lydia was loving every second.



It could actually be a cool place to take family pictures. Lynette, I might want to do this place one day!
Soooo happy!


I am officially 34 weeks pregnant; only 6 weeks left! It really has flown by and although I've been so grateful to be pregnant again, I'm finally ready to be done. I've been so sick the past week that I just can't enjoy it anymore.
I know people keep telling me that being ALL belly is a lucky thing but I'm starting to disagree. I can't breathe for the life of me and my acid reflux is the worst EVER!!!!!! And on top of it, I've been sick with a horrible sore throat since Wednesday that turned into a head cold on Friday. Don't get me wrong. It was actually one year ago this weekend that I miscarried. I haven't forgotten that pain but I'm so ready for this little boy to join our family!!!!
Here I am at 34 weeks and 40 pounds heavier!!! Does the word torpedo come to mind?!
Mother's Day has been pretty bad health wise this year. It started about 12:30am last night when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep due to a horrible ear pain. Of course the instacare's didn't open until 9am so I suffered through the night until Jake could take me this morning (he did give me a blessing which I know helped me get some sleep so that was nice).
Diagnosis: Turns out my cold turned into a
middle ear infection!!!
Man, this sucks!!! So I'm on antibiotics for it so hopefully it will get better soon. Thanks to Rod and Sue for taking Lyd's to church with them this morning! And thank you also to my sweet friend Margo for taking Lydia for me ALL day on Friday so I could get some rest from the sleepless nights I've been having!!! You're awesome!
When we came home Jake made me some beignets dipped in a homemade glaze he made! Yummy! Thanks honey!

He also made me homemade ice cream and took perfect care of me all day! I have the best husband and daughter ever and even though I've been terribly sick, I've been reminded this day that I'm still one of the luckiest wives and mama's on this planet!!!!!

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for Lyd's seeing the train!~ YOu guys are such a cute family! Sorry you ended up getting so sick - that is just mean on mother's day! Glad Jacob took good care of you!

Love your cute little torpedo belly!~ He better be a big boy :)

Oh I love beignets!

Margo said...

We love that place and glad Lydia had a ton of fun!! I hope you will feel better soon!! You look cute being pregnant!! What a nice husband you have, beignet yummy!! It was a pleasure having Lydia over our house Hinarei couldn't get enough of her!! She's just adorable.

Delibette said...

Well, your torpedo belly is just cute! :) I'm so sorry you got sick. Being pregnant and sick at the same time is just not right at all... so sorry. I hope you get better soon. Your train excursion sounds fun, and like always, your pictures and your adorable model are awesome.

Bel said...

Darn it I am sorry you spent your mother's day sick. If it makes you feel better we did nothing because we were trying to recup from a very long drive the day before. Hope you are feeling better now. Looks like the train museum was fun, didn't even know they had one, hehe! Thanks for emailing me the pics again, you are awesome!!

Heather Jones said...

So sorry you are sick and on mother's day. At least your Hubby took care of you! The boys would love the trains I may need to find out where it is from you. It looks like Lydia had a blast! Hope you feel better soon.