Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Before Baby Brother Comes" PART 2

We have continued our fun and went out a few more times the past week or so. Here's what fun we've been having before the arrival of "baby brother" in 7 weeks!!!

On Thursday we invited Lincoln and Lizzy to Kangaroo Zoo but of course my battery died right when we got there so no pictures. But the three of them had a great time on all the slides!

Friday, April 23st
Discovery Center
We invited Brockie and Aimee to the DC for the afternoon. Lydia loved the grocery store of course. She still plays with her kitchen set at home all the time so that was no surprise!!
Thanks for coming...we had a lot of fun!!!
Wednesday, April 27th
Wheeler Farm
I've been telling Lydia about feeding the ducks for a while and we finally got there. I had my 32 week OB appt at IMC and Wheeler Farm was right down the street so it worked out perfectly!
We stayed there for over three hours. CRAZY!!! Lydia was having so much fun! It's a cute place and I LOVE that it's free to get in! And the weather was nice (minus the crazy winds)!
Here's where Lydia spent over an hour of her time doing. There was a tree house and she was loving it. She made a little friend named Hailey and they played up there forever together! I couldn't hear anything so who knows what those two little shy girls' were doing!
She found a stick (annoying) and had to carry it around with her the WHOLE time! She kept swinging it around; I just knew she was going to poke her eye out...but she didn't :)
The cutest little baby ducklings were swimming around while we were feeding the ducks...so adorable!
She loved watching the ducks...and feeding them too! We heard they were kind of aggressive, but they were very docile this time. Not very hungry I guess :)


Lydia stared at her favorite animal for about 10 minutes! She just loves her bunnies!

Wednesday, April 28th
Swimming at Rec Center
Lydia had so much fun when we went swimming a few weeks ago that I knew I would have to take her back soon. We invited Ducka and Lizzy to join us and we had a pretty fun night. We stayed for about 3 hours and still Lydia wanted to stay longer! Raging Waters here we come!
She was still too scared to do the big slide so she stuck with the little red one in the kiddie area!
Because Lizzy was doing it, Lydia had to as well. She never jumps of the sides of the pool into the water (too scary) but she did it last night and probably did it about 30 times in a row!
It was a fun girls' night out...thanks for joining us Lizzy and Ducka!
We've had a fun couple of weeks and only have a few more things on our list to accomplish before baby brother enters the world! Lydia and I are really getting along so well and love doing all of these fun things together! She's been so well behaved which makes our outings together much more enjoyable!!! Seriously, how did I get so lucky?!

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

You are doing some fun things! Love it! She might now go into shock once the baby gets here with nothing to do :)
I remember those last little moments of just me and Mads! Cherish them because they are the best. I remember getting choked up now and then being with her because she makes me so happy!
Love all the stuff you are doing!

Heather Jones said...

You are so cute! That is so fun you are doing all these fun things. I wish I had energy to do that with my kids maybe they would be nicer to me! I am sure Lydia will be the best sister ever she is so sweet.

Bel said...

Girl you have been keeping it busy! Wow! Way to go on still being so active and enjoying little Lyds. It's funny how we all go through these last minute cherish moments. I did mine and people commented on my blog that they did the same, had no idea till it was my turn. I cannot believe you are now looking at only 7 weeks and possibly even 6! Dang time has flown by. We are so HAPPY for your little man to arrive :)