Monday, May 24, 2010

Girls' Trip 2010

Livin' It Up!!
Every year us gals get together for a little get away and every year a theme presents itself. This year (our 3rd annual) we found that "Livin' it Up" was appropriate. We headed up to Park City for two nights and had a great time. We decided to spend what we wanted and eat whatever tickled our fancy, no matter the cost or fat content (hence the livin' it up theme for 2010).
Six of the eight girls' made it this year and it was filled with shopping, eating, pedicures, talking and playing games. Sleep was actually one of the things on my agenda but when you're 36 week pregnant and miserable 98% of the time, good sleep really isn't an option...especially when you're still sick and congested.
But I tried not to let that stop me from having a good time. Here we are after the damage we did at the Outlets.
We got pedi's the first night and of course my pedi girl killed my feet. Instead of just cutting off my cuticles, she decided it would be appropriate to cut off my skin as well. I guess when your toes are like little sausages from being so swollen, it's hard to distinguish between the two :)

Oh well, at least my toes will look cute for delivery!
We played pictionary and had so much fun. Here we are holding up some of our creations. We laughed pretty hard that last night! Then we stayed up until after 1am talking (I haven't seen that time this whole pregnancy)!
We were all kinda tired and started to really enjoy making silly faces for the camera.
It was so much fun to get away. I just love my SIL's so much and I'm so glad we get along so well and enjoy our time away with one another every year.
Even though I was gone, Jake and Lydia didn't let that stop them from having fun as well. On Friday, Lyd's went to her friend Hinarei's b-day party. She had a lot of fun and just loves hanging out with her friends. Jake and Lyd's had a sleep over both nights in Daddy's bed and Lydia LOVED that!
Then on Saturday, they went with some friends' to Lagoon. Jake ended up buying passes which will work out well once the baby is here. I can stay home with him while they have daddy/daughter time. Should be a fun summer of Lagoon and Raging Waters! Newborn or not, I guess I can't barricade myself in the house all summer.
Here they are showing off their passes!
Nice tongue!!!!
I love how much Lydia is like her father...more tongue please!




On Saturday night they enjoyed the Ward BBQ at the park which apparently was a success!

On both sides good times were had by all this weekend! Thanks everyone for the fun memories!

And on one final note...for all my fellow LOST fans...I'm sad to see the show is over but so glad to know that it wasn't all for nothing. They weren't all dead. They were very much alive and living these lives on this crazy island to learn something and make themselves better. And the sideways world was the Purgatory; not the island as many people thought! I loved it and the more I think about the show and its finale, the more I love it. Jake found this article and even though I've only read part of it, it brings much insight if you are a tad confused and want a bit more insight to the show. So click HERE for the article! Thanks for the 6 great seasons LOST!!!!

8 comments:

Emilee said...

So fun! I love what a good daddy Jake is. I think He and Ben have similar parenting styles. There girls adore them. We arent bad ourselves:)

Heather Jones said...

The bbq was fun so thanks for the invite! Your weekend looks like it was so fun. My last pedi was not the best either, I hate getting a bad one! Jake was cute with lydia at the bbq and church what a good dad. I loved hearing him tell me how he tried to do a ponytail and just gave up. At this rate your baby is coming before mine!!!!

Missy said...

I'm glad you had a fun girls weekend. Sounds like fun. The toes look wonderful, we are going next week when my sister comes to town, can't wait. I ran into Jake at Kohl's just when I thought I was about to pass out. Luckily my mom walked up with the cart and I could hang onto it.

Aimee said...

Looks like fun - so glad you got Lagoon passes! We will have to go together! Another friend for Brock to go with - he will be thrilled.

Marti said...

What a fun weekend! So jealous!!! I love that Jake got season passes. Brandon's been wanting to take our girls for years and has decided THIS is the summer. They should meet up for some daddy daughter time- so fun!

Joey and Nettifer said...

looks like your girls weekend was a hit! Glad you had such a good time!

Bel said...

Such a fun weekend. Love that you could shop till you dropped, my kinda shopping, hehe! Bri and lyds played with a potato bug at the bday party for a while, haha! Joe said they also played together at the ward BBQ. I was not able to go Mathias is teething and fussy but they had a fun time. Sunday Joe saw them walking around holding hands, hehe! Love that they are such cute friends :) They have much in common like their mommies.

Margo said...

What a fun girls weekend!! Oh and thank you for Hinarei's birthday gift she looooves it. Lydia got great taste!