Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Memorial Weekend 2010

We had ourselves a pretty fun holiday weekend. On Friday afternoon Jake and I went on a little date to see "Robin Hood" and it was pretty good; very entertaining. Then off to yummy Mandarin with family for dinner.

On Saturday afternoon we went to Lagoon for the afternoon. Jake finally talked me into a pass and I'm glad I did because I really enjoy seeing Lydia's happy face on all those rides. She's getting more and more brave so by the end of summer, she'll be a pro!

On Monday, we went up to Pineview Reservior for the afternoon with the Newell's and Watts. The guys went to the store to get some stuff for a bbq and we headed up. We ate, played in the sand and water and we played badminton for a while.

I figure what better way to help this little boy come into the world than by jumping around playing badminton. And I must say, my team was undefeated. I won every game I played. Now, I only played two games and Jake did do most of the running around but as a pregnant lady, I think I held my own and actually only missed a couple of shots! Either way, it was so much fun that we went out and bought our own set and will be playing a lot this summer!
A little one on one action! Jake and Joe!
The girls' entertaining themselves in the sand while the adults played!
Then we packed up our leftovers and drove down the road to the freezing lake. Lydia didn't seem to mind though. I love her cute face and I also love the fact that the girls' were all in their swimsuits playing in the water with snow capped mountains in the back round!
Joe was the only one crazy enough to go all in. He dove in after I took this picture. Crazy guy! It seriously was so cold.
This is about as deep as Lydia would go. She was content just wading in the water!
The Johnsen Crew!
Brielle and Lydia. They always play so well together, I love it. It's nice that they have dance and Primary together to help their bond grow!
Love Lydia's happy face in this picture!
Then somehow Joe and Lydia ended up playing Frisbee together. She's very shy when it comes to men but she didn't mind playing with Joe.
This last picture just about sums up our day. Lydia was our happy, well behaved little girl all day. I was so proud of her; what a lucky mama I am. Also, I have to mention, she didn't wake up until 10am the next day! VERY NICE!! Oh how I love summer!
We didn't get home from Pineview until 5 then headed to Jake's family party at 5:30 for some more bbq. I don't think I could ever get sick of bbq'd burgers and dogs!
I also thought I'd throw in a few pics I took last week of Lydia in he dance costume before she took pictures for her dance class. I'll get the professional pics soon but thought I'd post these for now. I seriously can't get enough of this gorgeous, little face and smile!

Anabel snapped this one of all the girls'. Aren't they the cutest? Thank heaven for little girls'!

P.S. Lydia hit another milestone this weekend and gave her very first prayer in Primary. I thought she was ready and I was almost right. She of course wouldn't do it by herself so daddy went and stood by her side and helped her. The nerves got to her, but we're so proud of her for getting up in front of everyone and doing it! We love you Lyd's!

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Monday was fun! Love the pic of the girls all in a row playing in the sand in their own little world!
To bad our girls don't get along! lol!

Bel said...

What a fun day, we loved that you guys came with us :) The girls got a long so well, the next day Bri wanted to go play with Lyds again and said "Lydia is my friend, she is very nice to me" I thought that was super sweet. The girls look so cute with their dance outfits. And no worries take pictures from my blog anytime, hehe! We are looking forward to the badminton re-match on Friday, haha!!

Heather Jones said...

What a way fun weekend you guys had! Keep moving maybe you will be luckier then me! Lydia is darling in her costume! Good luck!!!

Margo said...

What a fun memorial weekend. I love pineview I can't wait to go there again this summer. Badminton looks like so much fun I can't wait to play with you guys!! Love the girls picture all lined up playing with sand. So cute!