Friday, January 29, 2010

Ahh, the ups and downs of life....

Oh how I love the temple. Jake and I made it a goal of ours this year to make it at least once a month (although it should be more since we're surrounded by like, 15...but you gotta start somewhere right?). Anyway, luckily some friends of ours have the same goal for this year so we decided to do a temple swap once a month so we could each go and enjoy these temples.

I've had to deal with some family issues lately and people are worrying about the stress I'm under being pregnant so I thought that this temple visit I would focus thinking about my father and what he's going through and hopefully through this visit I can gain more peace and faith for my dad and for myself.

Isn't the Bountiful Temple gorgeous! I had to take a picture.
My dad has been faced with cancer, again, for the third time. He decided last week to go ahead with the same surgery he had just over a year ago to remove the cancer in his tongue. After only 15 months, his tongue cancer is back. But we all have faith that the Lord will take care of him. We just need to be sure and understand that what will happen is the Lord's will. I've come to terms with that and I think that's why I'm not as stressed as people may think. I know whatever happens, my dad is in a good place and I am so proud of him for the decisions he's made this past year. He truly is the perfect example of "it's never to late to change". We've had a lot of fun getting to know each other again these past two years and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. I'm so grateful for this time we've had and hope to have many more years with my old papi :)

Look at that face! Lydia and I have had a lot of fun the past few weeks doing preschool together. This week was "Motor Skills" week so we've been using our hands a lot. She officially has her own pair of scissors which she thinks is the coolest thing in the world. You would have thought I gave her a million dollars. She would cut paper all day if I let her...funny kid.
Yesterday we learned how to make finger paints and she enjoyed the painting part of this activity over the making of the paints (what kid wouldn't :)
She was so dainty about it, dipping one finger in so carefully. Then all of her fingers went in on accident and she thought she was going to get in trouble for getting all messy. Of course not...the whole point of finger paints is to make a mess right? :)

Eventually the whole hand made it in and we made hand prints.

Another successful week of preschool.

5 comments:

Heidi G. said...

I LOVED finger paints as a child! We always used the pre-made paint. How do you make it? Just get white paint and then color it or is this some kind of special paint?? You are such a creative mom, I love it!

Bel said...

You are a very strong person and I admire your faith. You are going through a lot but your outlook on things is an example to the rest of us. We will keep you guys in our prayers. Also way to go on doing pre-school, I don't think I would have the self discipline, way to go!! Finger painting looks like so much fun I will have to try it with her sometime.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Look at all the fun stuff you are doing with Lyd's you will have to share the recipe for the finger paints! What a good mama you are!

I am very proud of you for how strong you are with your dad! You see the big picture and thank goodness you have such a strong testimony to share it with your dad to help him!

Emilee said...

You are such a great mom! I seriously need to take lessons from you.

I am sorry that you are going through this with your dad. I know that things are hard and scary right now. I think the greatest part of having trials is getting that much closer to our Savior, feeling of His unconditional love and hopefully if we are good enough and prepared understanding and accepting His will so that someday His will will be our will because we will be that close to Him. You are amazing. I am so glad that you were able to gain a relationship with your father, now whatever comes you will always feel of your dads love for you and your family and your love for him as well. Love ya girl. If you need anything please let us know.

Delibette said...

Oh Erin! You are so sweet and such a great mama. So sorry to hear about your dad situation. I hope your papi gets better soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your testimony. My kids are 18 months old and they like finger paints...Well, Ayden love it. Kylee freaked out the 1st time she did it. Now, she is more finger tips paint only and she don't look to happy about it :] But, I bet with Lyd's is way fun and less messy. Hope your little man in you is doing fine. Miss ya'. Btw, Really good GOAL... and the Bountiful Temple it's a BEAUTIFUL place to visit.