The dr said that everything looks great. His heart rate was 156 bpm and all of his organs were perfectly formed. He was very active which is a great indication that I have a little Jake Jr. on my hands and that scares the crap out of me. Hopefully I can handle this :) Is that not the cutest profile picture EVER?! I just love it. My mom wanted to fly in and spend some time with us (when I say us, I mean Lydia) so it worked out perfectly that she got to come to the US with us. She flew in last Thursday and we had the US on Friday afternoon.
Lydia has had so much fun having her g-ma Frandsen here. The first evening she was shy but she's been my mom's little shadow ever since. This was a pretty low key visit. All we've done is eat out, played and shopped. We ate at this new ice cream place in C-ville called Sub Zero. It was a really cool place...a must see for the kiddos!Here's G-ma and Lydia playing Let's Go Fishing. Don't you love the outfits Lydia chooses? She would not take off that KS Jayhawk shirt. I think subconsciously she knew that's where G-ma was from and she wanted to show it off :) And you've gotta love the "boobs". That's what Lydia calls bras so she gets the bikini tops and wears her "boobs' all the time. Silly gal!

On Saturday afternoon while Jake was at the Utes B-ball game, us girls went to see a chick flick, Leap Year. It was pretty cute and of course Lydia was an angel and sat there the whole time. It took place in Ireland so it was fun pointing out all the places we had been when we were there last Summer. It brought back memories when they mentioned towns like Tipperary that were out in the country. So pretty.
Then on Monday night Mom and I went to a play and saw "The Importance of Being Earnest" and Hale Center Theater. It was really good and I loved the round, stadium seating. I just hated that there was NO leg room; I just couldn't get comfortable. But the play was very funny and cute.
So my mom left today...always a sad day! Lydia and my mama formed quite the little bond. It was cute to see! She'll be back in June though to help with the baby so that will be fun. And my brother is flying in next week with one of his sons so it will be nice to have more family in for a visit!!! Love you mama. Thanks for a wonderful time, as always!
6 comments:
LOL- aint no denying that turtle head!!!
Congrats! It will be so much fun having a boy and a girl!
Yea it's a boy congratulations I am soo happy for you guys! How fun to have your mom with you for a while. Love Lydia's "boobs" bikini top she is sooo cute. That made me laugh!!:) Glad you had a great time with your Mama.
Yeah for the boy!! Jake will get used to it once he is a die hard utes fan like him!! I love Lydia's swim top so funny. That is so fun your Mom came to play. I would die if my mom did not live here and help me. I bet it is so great when you get to see her. Congrats again, start buying the utes gear!!
Those are some awesome US pics! His profile is so beautiful! There is no mistaking that he is a boy. I think you could see it in the first ultra sound too!
Your mom is so cute. I got to sit next to her in Sunday School & RS. She is doll and might I add very funny!
I LOL when I saw Lydia with her Boobs on! That is hilarious.
Glad you had such a good visit with your mom and got to do such fun stuff.
Don't you just love hale? I am with you on the leg room. Joey always has to have an isle when we go or he can't ever get comfortable either. All about squishing as many peole in as they can!
by the way you looked so cute on Sunday in that purple dress!
Yay! Congratulations I just felt like it was a boy, so exciting. You will love having a boy and a girl it's so fun to see them each with their own gender personalities, you will love it! So glad you got to spend some quality time with your mom, and best of all is that she was here for your ultrasound. Thank you for sending us the text I was sooooo happy to get it and see that its a boy. Now our hubbies will both have little companions to the Ute games so fun. See you tomorrow can't wait to talk to you, seems like forever :)
Post a Comment