Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our Weekend...

We had such a fun weekend. We got to hang out with our friends' the Newell's. It's been a long time since we've hung out so we thought it was way past due. And apparently it had been way too long because we ended up spending the whole weekend together.

On Friday night we invited them to our favorite Chinese restaurant, the Mandarin. Here's the cute Newell family. It was so funny...Brielle and Lydia sat across from each other and they're both so shy that it was like they weren't even there. They just sat and stared at each other. It was hilarious.
On Saturday, Lydia was invited to a b-day party for her little friend Hailey who was turning 4. It was so cute and Lyd's had a good time. Here's Brielle and Lyd's with their fruit loop necklaces on.
You gotta love the "fruit loops in the teeth" smile.
Then on Saturday Anabel invited me to have a girls' night out to see a movie. We couldn't find anything at the regular theater so we went to the dollar theater and saw "500 Days of Summer". It actually turned out to be a great movie. I really liked it a lot. I was pleasantly surprised for not knowing anything about it.
Brielle and Lydia had so much fun together at our house while Jake and Joe watched sports. As soon as Brielle came in, Lydia took her by the hand and off they went. Jake said they sat in this car for like a half an hour and just sat there talking. So cute. Best buds in the making :)

2 comments:

Bel said...

Yay!! We had an amazing weekend hanging out with you guys. Thank you so much for coming to the girls night out, you are so sweet and brave for trusting me to pick a movie. It turned out to be so unique and funny, I had a blast. Sorry I forgot my wallet I still owe you the money if I don't remember to run it over before the trip I will do so after for sure :)

I love the picture the girls in the car, so glad they got along so well. Finally they were not shy and actually interacted. We will have to do some more playdates when I get back. I had to take your picture as well, too cute (you can take mine any day no problem). Please please text me after your u/s I am so excited and can't wait to hear what you are having, Lynette and I both feel like it's a boy so we shall if we are right, hehe!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for a fun weekend. I heard that movie was good.