Lydia has so much fun learning. I've just made up my own curriculum so we had "Shapes Week" this week. Lydia's face just lights up when she gets the answers right. It's funny because now she tries to teach me. She'll aske me what the shape is and I'll get it right then she'll blurt out in this very motherly, happy tone, "That's right, good job!" It's so cute. I just love this girl.
Here she is playing musical shapes (just like musical chairs accept you don't take the shapes away, you just name the shape you've danced onto after you've stopped the music). Don't mind the outfit. She's in the phase of picking out her own clothes (I put my foot down when we leave the house though :)
Then today we learned about bubbles and how they're round and shaped like circles. Making snow angels was WAY too bright for Lyd's though. She had to sqeeze her eyes VERY tightly. She thought it was hilraious.
Larry has to always know what's going on. He can't just relax indoors if we're outside. If you know the Lar dog you know that he HATES cold weather but he stayed outside with us for 45 minutes and froze his butt off just to make sure nothing cool happened while we were out there. It was so sad to watch my shivering dog and this sad, pathetic, little face for 45 min. in the only snow free part of our yard.
Another step to becoming a young girl is that Lydia had her first official sleep over with her cousin Lizzy at G-ma and G-pa Johnsen's house on Tuesday night. They said that they had the best time. They laughed and played...just couldn't get enough of each other. Then sleep time came and of course that didn't go so well. They were put to bed but laughed and talked until almost midnight. Needless to say, they both took naps the next day. Thanks G-ma and G-pa. Lydia had the best time.
Now onto a bit of bad news. I won't really go into too much detail...I'll spare you. But we found out a few days ago that my dad's cancer is back. I'm not sure that I ever blogged about it the first time but he's only been cancer free for 15 months. And honestly it sucks that he has to go through all of this again, and so soon. Same surgery as last time, same horrible recovery (he's still not back to normal from the first surgery). My father is strong and I know he has a lot of faith but it's still such a sad thing to hear and take in. So any prayers you could give I know would help. We have a lot faith and I think we've all come to the conclusion that we will be okay with whatever the Lord's plan is. There's great peace in that way of thinking. It's hard but I know that the Lord knows all things and he will give us comfort if we just have faith in His plan.
5 comments:
What a cute mom you are for teaching Lyd's all the fun stuff. Love the musical shape idea! Way to go mama!
So sad about your dad! I know we have already talked but I am so impressed with your faith and your belief in Christ!
Love you tons!
You are seriously the best mom, so creative! I am so sorry that your dad and your family have to go through this cancer again. I pray that you will feel the Lords comfort and know His will. You guys are amazing! We love you and miss your faces:)
Way to go mama on doing preschool with Lyds it sounds like a ton of fun, you are such a good mommy! I missed coming to class yesterday because I love talking to you, but I am glad we can socialize tonight.
Sooooooooooooo sorry to hear about your dad, boy is that hard. I will be praying everything will work out. Our Heavenly Father sure does like to refine us, but never without his help. You have a strong testimony just hold on to it, it will give your dad the strength to over come his difficult moments. You are a good daughter I admire you for it.
What a cute Mommy you are! It's so much more fun to teach your own kids. I am laughing about Larry not wanting to miss out on any fun.
Sorry about your Dad. It's never easy to watch people you love suffer. Our prayers are with him.
I will echo everyone else! How awesome to do that with Lydia I don't know that I would even think of that! I am very impressed. She is so cute in church just sitting so sweet and good always! I am very sorry about your Dad. I hope you wil be comforted and things will go well. Our prayers will be with you guys.
Post a Comment