Thursday, January 07, 2010

Lydia's Year In Review

What a year 2009 was for Lydia and all of her accomplishments. I thought I'd take a moment and reflect on the wonderful year that we had with our little sweetheart.
First of all, how could you NOT love that face and that smile. Love, love, love this girl :)
She is just loving dance class. It's her favorite thing. She dances and sings ALL day long; it's all she thinks about. She's into this new show on Nick (I think) called The Fresh Beat Band. They sing and dance and have a storyline to go along with it. She dances and sings along and does it of course with a huge smile on her face.

She still loves the kitchen that she got for her b-day and makes us dinner on a daily basis. She also got this cute chef hat, apron, oven mit and hot pad. She thinks she's so grown up getting hot things out of the oven.
Lydia had her three year check up with Dr cox last week and she's doing great.
She's 90th percentile in height
75th percentile for weight
and her BMI is 25th percentile.
So basically she's tall and skinny. So many people think she's so much older than she actually is.
I love this next pic. I think it's one of Lyd's cutest smiles ever...so happy. I got these shirts when we were in Ireland last August.
Lucky for Lyd's her cousin Lizzy is now in her dance class and she couldn't be happier. They were so cute today and listened really well to Miss Mo. Look at those cute girls.
I really need to do a separate post on Lydia's bunny. She's her best friend and she has to have her when she's sad, in a bad mood or especially when she goes to bed. As she's falling asleep she rubs the bunny's ears and snuggles her face until she falls asleep. In this picture, she could not have gotten any closer to her with that scrunched up nose against hers.
This picture below is becoming more and more of a daily occurrence. Larry is always found sleeping with Lydia in her bed. Although she torments him every day he still loves her doesn't mind sleeping with her. I guess he knows he won't be bothered when she's fast asleep!

We seriously couldn't love our little Lydia any more than we do. Sometimes we look at her and our heart just hurts we love her so much. I know that's so cheesy to say, but it couldn't be more true. We are so proud of her. She continues to come out of her shell more and more...she finally potty trained herself when SHE was ready...she's no longer in nursery, she is officially a Sunbeam and she transitioned beautifully...She's learning new dance moves every week (and enjoys making up her own) and loves her Miss Mo...and she is turning into quite the comedian (just like her daddy). Her sense of humor grows every day and we love the funny things she says. We love you Lydia, our precious, little angel.

Here's to a great 2010!!!!!

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

that picture of your and Lydia is precious! I love her smile! That lady bug tutu is so cute too!
Lydia is such a beautiful happy girl and she is VERY funny! I love that about her.
I know the feeling of your heart hurting because you love them so much. What an amazing strong feeling you know until you become a mom!
We love you to Lyd's! Glad we are friends!

Joey and Nettifer said...

one more thing...How is Jacob handling Larry not sleeping with him?

Bel said...

What a cute and sweet post, I could feel the love you have for her. You are such a great mommy. I am SOOOOOO glad our girls are in dance together, it has been lovely getting to know you and talk to you every week. Lydia is doing so well and has taken on to dancing like a pro. Now that her cousin is with her there will not be any stoping her, hehe!

Marti said...

What a sweet little girl! I love all the pictures. She really is adorable. The one with her bunny is to die for!