Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Free day at the Zoo/Thanksgiving weekend!

Last Wednesday was free day at the zoo day so Lynette and I took the girls' to see the new baby elephant. The weather actually wasn't too bad unless you stood in the shade for a long time. The girls' had a lot of fun together!
How precious is little baby Zuri!
Here's the annual picture Lyd's and I take.
Our Thanksgiving was fun this year. Everyone in Jake's family was able to make it so we were all together this year. We thought we'd attempt to get a picture of all 26 grand kids (a picture I don't think has ever been attempted). This is the best I got :) Lydia is on the far right, you know the one with her finger in her mouth...shocker!
We had a great time and enjoyed hanging out, eating and chatting with everyone!
I braved the crowds again this year and did the whole "Black Friday" thing again. This year Ducka and I did it together. It was actually better this year. The Walmart workers were more lenient this year and I snuck most of the "hot" items in my cart before the madness began at 5am. So at 5:05am I was already in line and checking out with a full cart. It was great. No pushing and shoving for me this year!!!
Also this year, Jake was kind enough to go with me. We wanted to get this Barbie jeep for Lyd's that was on sale for $88 and is regularly about $300. And of course we found out that they only had 6 in the store. Well, it's a good thing Jake and I got up at 2:45am to get there to wait in line, because Jake got it!!!! Yay. Lydia is going to be so excited. Now she doesn't have to play with Brock's car anymore :)
We had a fun weekend now to prepare for Lydia's second dance recital tomorrow! Wish her luck that she does more than just stand there with her finger in her mouth wondering when the people are going to stop staring at her :) Love you Lyd's!

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

26 grandkids - holy cow! What a fun family!
Yeah for the jeep!

Bel said...

What a fun weekend! Love the picture of all the grandkids, there are more than 40 in J's family so for sure no one has attempted to get a picture of them all, hehe! Let's hope the girls have a good recital tomorrow, Bri has been sick so I hope she is better then. I will see you there, lets cross our fingers :)

Delibette said...

That's a lot fun that Lydia has so many cousins. How many of them are close to her age? Looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Family time is so precious! Happy Holidays!

TeamTyson said...

I got that jeep a few years ago for Keslee on Black Friday and Randon wouldn't come with me so I was ramming people over at Walmart because I couldn't see over my cart. I am glad Jake is more brave than Randon. Lyd's will love it.