Last week we went to our new favorite place to buy a tree (Clem's or Redwood Rd). It's like a dollar a foot...such a good deal. It was so cold out there so here's Jake pretending to rifle through the trees to find the perfect Charlie Brown tree.
Here he is...what a beaut!
Last Thursday was Lydia's second performance with her dance group. I was pretty nervous that she wouldn't perform again and get stage fright (just like her mama). But she's been telling me ever since her Halloween performance, where she just stood there with her finger in her mouth, that she wants to dance on stage. She totally had regrets and has wanted to redeem herself ever since. Here's Madds and Lyd's before the performance at the Festival of Trees (Madelyn is in the same dance company but different age group).
Here she is about an hour before showtime. This is her "hit it" pose that they do before they start dancing. I had just hoped that she would do it on stage.
It's showtime. She was the first one to walk out on stage and when she stood on her star she immediately put her finger in her mouth. Uh oh!!! Then Miss Mo said "Hit it" and Bam, Lydia was a different person. She was all smiles and was so happy to be on stage. She loved every second of it.
Down through the chimney was "Old Saint Nick". That's how the dance ended and Lydia could not have been happier that she actually did it this time.


She knew every dance move and she was even in time with the music. She had that chorus memorized and she was so proud of herself. "Down through the chimney" was my favorite dance move, so adorable.
"Ho, ho, ho who wouldn't go?"
Look at that smile as she walked off the stage. Adorable. I could not have been more proud. She did the dance perfectly and wasn't scared AT ALL! She loved it and I was so happy for her for this accomplishment. Good job Lyd's.
Mama and daughter after the performance. If you want to see her perform click HERE
Then on Friday night we went to Flip's to see Santa Claus. She sat on his lap but was scared to talk or even move a muscle. It was so funny. We practiced what to say when he asked what she wanted for Christmas but she choked.
Then on Saturday night it was my turn to get on stage. As some of you know I'm in a singing group called "Utah Voices" and we have a few concerts this season and our first one was at Libby Gardner Hall at the U of U. It was so much fun and I loved being on stage performing "The Messiah" for everyone. It is the most beautiful music and I loved being part of the experience. 
Here I am before I left for the show.
Here we are at the concert hall. It was such a cool place. Thank you to everyone who came on Saturday night and for those that are coming tonight. You guys are the best and I SOOO appreciate your support!
3 comments:
Wow, lots of updating and fun things this last week. I am so happy Lydia loved the recital, yay! She is so stinkin cute in her "hit it" pose :) I am so glad our girls are in dance together, it's fun to see them perform. Hopefully next time we can have them stand by eachother instead of opposite sides of the stage, hehe! We were going to go to the flips Santa night but Bri the baby and I got sick, darm it looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations on singing! I totally wanted to come but two kids under 8 years old, sitting for 2 hours and feeling sick, I figured it would be too hard. Sorry, I wish I could have been there for you, but I am sure you did an awesome job, you looked beautiful in your long dress.
Lyd's totally rocked at dancing - she was so amazing. So glad that I got to see her dance! Who would have thought from the halloween nightmare till lat night it was the same girl!
Your performance dress is beautiful! Good choice on that one! SOrry I missed hearing you sing. I really wish I could have heard you. Love you!
ps cute tree! Larry looks so cute in the santa outfit!
Post a Comment