
It has been a bit of a long and emotional road to get to this point but we are here and it's wonderful. I've learned so much and I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had since Mother's Day weekend earlier this year. That's when I miscarried. My due date for that baby actually just passed Thanksgiving weekend and I have to say I wasn't sad at all. I mean, it was weird to think that I could've had a little baby in my arms but I know the Lord knows me and He comforted me and blessed me with this current pregnancy to help me through. And I learned SOOO much, so how can I be sad that this experience happened when it made me a much better person, mother and wife. It really has. I'm actually enjoying this pregnancy and I haven't complained once because I know what a miracle this actually is (I couldn't say that in the past). I'm naseated every day 24 hours a day and I throw up 5-6 times a month but I love it and I'm grateful for it.
Jake has always wanted a little baby boy to grow into another crazed Ute fan just like him but he has changed his mind. He wants a clone of Lydia. I wonder why?! :)
We got the coolest gift in the mail, most of you have probably heard of the Elf on the Shelf. Well, Jake and I knew nothing about it but we love it now and Lydia has really caught on to it. I really wanted Lydia to name him so we sat there until she blurted out a name. She decided on "Patrick". I have no idea where she got that name but we love it. Thank you so much for this gift. We love it and Lydia can't wait to find him every morning.
Here's just a few pics of our house. We finally decorated our charlie brown tree. We can't get him very straight but we love our guy!
He has to have the U in there...always.
Here's part of my Christmas village.
And lastly, I've finally become an officialy season ticket holder of the Capitol Theater musicals this season. Luckily I have my pal Lynette who went in with me on the tickets. Our first show was last night. We saw "The Wedding Singer". It was really good. I love Adam Sandler and I loved that movie so it was fun to see it in musical form. Lynette and I had so much fun together and laughed a lot. I'm so glad we're dong this and I can't wait for the next show :)
8 comments:
Congrats on being pregnant! I never said thank you for the kind words when I was going through such a hard time! So thank you! It truly mean't a lot!
YEAH FOR THE BABY!! I am praying he will be born on my birthday - you know i will spoil him! So, why would you not want him born on my birthday?
Thanks for much for last night - so much fun and the laughing was awesome!
By the way cute hair :)
Ditto on all the cute stuff about Lydia!
Yea I am sooo excited for you guys!! I pray that baby will be born on Lynette's birthday too!!:) Lydia is such a cutie and her becoming to be like her dad is even more exciting!! Love the lighting of your house, your Christmas tree and the elf on the shelf love the name too.
I couldn't be more happier for you and Jake.
Congratulations on the new baby!! I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well this time around.
Yea I am so glad things all look great with the baby!! I hope you can get feeling better soon. Love your decorations. I am soo behind on looking at posts I never have time these days to update or look but it looks like the festival was fun and you have at least been able to get out a little bit! I want the elf on a shelf for next year!!
Yay for the new little Jonhsen addition. He/She will be very lucky to come into your family, you guys are such good parents. I personally think it's a HE but we shall see :) Lydia is totally outgoing now, way to go! She is so beautiful and will make a wonderful big sister, congrats we are so happy for you!!!!!!
Congrats again on the pregnancy!! I have not looked at blogs forever but just caught up on yours and love it all!! Really I should be working but I am procrastinating. Just a wild guess but I think Jake enjoys the special treats he brings home for you as much as you do. Call me crazy, he is a Johnsen. The doughnuts do look yummy. I will need to hear more about this place. Anyway, you look absolutely gorgeous in picture by the tree dressed in black. Love it!! Super cute. Last thing, I am kind of hoping for a boy for you guys. I really want to get rid of all my clothing and I feel better about giving it away to someone who needs it. Although, you can't go wrong with a Lydia clone. Easiest child I know! Okay, I am done with my ramblings.
I am so excited for you guys and cant wait to meet baby #2. Lyds is so darling I would want two of her as well. We hope to be seeing you soon.
Post a Comment