Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Christmas Week!!!

The week of Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love it, especially when Jake takes off the whole week. We thought it would be fun to do something as a family every day this week. Lydia and I have been in the house a lot due to me still being sick with this baby in my belly! We really needed to get out of the house.

Sunday- cousin family party. Good food and fun to catch up with everyone.

Monday-We went and saw the movie "The Blind Side" (great movie). Jake thought it would be a good idea to take Lydia to her first adult movie and guess what? She was perfect. She just sat there the whole time watching the movie, eating her popcorn. Love her!

Tuesday-Baked goodies all day for our friends and neighbors. I made over 200 PB Balls, 56 sugar cookies (Jake made those, I frosted) and 75 gold bars. It was a LOOONG day!!!

Wednesday- When Lydia danced at the Festival of Trees I promised her that we could do anything she wanted and she chose to go to Chuck E. Cheeese's. So after a month of avoiding it, we finally went. Somewhere I have a picture of me riding this thing. It's changed over the years; plus I was in KS so it isn't the exact one but you get the idea. It's the same ride and Lydia loved it as much as I did!

Lydia had the best time. I forgot how crappy their pizza was! But hey, Lydia enjoyed herself and the pizza.
Thursday- Christmas Eve is the big party with Jake's immediate family. I of course deleted the only family picture we took!!!! But here's one of Lydia in her Christmas dress! We have a program where every family does some sort of performance. I was going to sing this year but due to my nausea I didn't want to deal with a nervous stomach on top of it. Jake came up with the most hilarious concept. I'll be putting it on Youtube soon but it's 99% inside jokes so you wouldn't get it anyway. Let's just say it involved a reamake of "The Office". It was classic!
Friday-Christmas Day!!! We were so excited to see Lydia's face when she saw what Santa brought her. But for the second year in a row, she didn't respond the way we had hoped. She came down the stairs, saw all the toys, leaned up against the couch, looked around and said,

"Who ate all the cookies?"
We had to remind her that we left the cookies for Santa then we had to once again talk her into getting closer to her gifts. She got a HUGE bear and a battery powered Jeep. She loves that she has her own car to drive. I can't wait for Spring so we can enjoy it out in the cul de sac!
She also got this amazing jewlery box as a gift. Thank you SOOO much. She loves it and puts all of her precious rings and necklaces in it!!
Larry was so fun to watch...a lot more exciting than Lyd's :) He went nuts on the wrapping paper to get out all of the toys Santa and G-ma Frandsen got him! We took a lot of video with our new Flip HD video that we got so I'll probably make a video movie of our Christmas soon.

Most all of Lydia's loot!
Saturday- We met The Clark's at Cheesecake Factory for lunch, then went shopping at the Gateway, then took all the big kids to a movie "Princess and the Frog". Then we finished the day with more shopping. I was very tired.

Since becoming prego I can't remember the last time I was gone all day. I'm now 15 weeks and can only fit into two pair of my jeans so I gave in and finally bought maternity clothes with some of my Christmas money! My pants are getting too tight and my shirts are getting shorter...happy days for me, it just means that I have a healthy, growing baby inside of me :)

Here's Lyd's at the arcade before going into our movie.
This was Lizzy's first theater movie....very happy girls. The movie was very cute and we had fun hanging out with our buds today! Thanks for a good time!!!
Tomorrow our Christmas vaca will officially be over. We have our last family party with the other set of cousins on Jake's side. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like you had a great holiday! Enjoy your Snuggie on these cold winter nights! ;)
xoxo

Joey and Nettifer said...

Your Christmas was awesome! Lydia finally got a HUGE stuff Animal! My gosh! I am very jealous that you got a snuggie! seriously I think they look cool!
Glad your Christmas week was so fun!
We need to get together to play our new UNO Flip!