Yikes, because I still don't think I'm going to be able to run the half marathon. I took two weeks off to rest my knees (patella tendinitis) and they were still a bit sore after only a two mile run last night. And to top it off, I now have a pinched nerve in my left hamstring. It's like I'm not supposed to run this thing. I was going to try and run a 3 miler tonight to make my final decision on whether or not to run it but now I can't even do that (I'll explain in a minute). Yikes!!!
On a happier note, little Daxton Davies was born. Isn't he a cutie?!!! Lynette and I went to the hospital to visit them and all is well with the family. They sure know how to make 'em cute don't they?!! Congrats Davies!
Today we went to Lagoon and Lagoona Beach. It was a lot of fun. We started off at Lagoon. Here we are on the Dino drop, which Lydia was NOT too fond of. She cried the whole time while hunched over because of the weird feelings in her tummy. So sad. She looks happy here but that was before the scary drop. The higher we went, the more tense her body got. Maybe next year! It was funny because the second we got off, she saw how happy Brock was, so she then pretended like it was the best ride ever. Kids!
We then went to Lagoona Beach. I've never been and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I heard the water was freakishly cold, but it wasn't that bad at all. Here's Lyd's, Izzy, Aimee and Tyson.
THE INCIDENT: The girls' thought it would be fun to sit on my lap together and go down the slide. Sure, why not.
As you can see in my face below, I'm thinking that the landing is not going to go too well. I couldn't catch my footing and I landed on my knees. Because of the 60 lbs I was holding I kept falling forward which in turn forced me to walk forward on my knees. Have you ever walked on the floor of the pools there before? They are NOT smooth. I think they took sand and compacted it down into one big, rough, scratchy, hard bottom. Now imagine your knees being dragged along said bottom. Not a pretty thing.I took about 8 steps before finally realizing that I wasn't going to stabilize and the girls' went under. So I sacrificed my knees for nothing!!!
Here are my knees right after. If you look closely you can see each of the tiny little sand bump indentations in each of my knees. Then they just started bleeding. It stung like a mother. I mean, look at the pool floor...NOT smooth. Rough, very rough!
Here are my knees now...I can hardly walk. This pic doesn't do justice. You can see how swollen my knee is by the shadowing around my sore. Who would've thought? So that's why I'm not running tonight, my knees are super, super sore and I am just limping along. Man, my knees just can't catch a break can they? :) I fell so hard that the pool floor scratched off my self tanner. Look how white my sore is ;)
So much fun!!
Then back to Lagoon we went. Izzy, Brock and Lydia had a great time. Thanks for hanging out with us. Aimee and Jules are great gals and I'm so glad our kids are fond of each other :)
Here are my knees right after. If you look closely you can see each of the tiny little sand bump indentations in each of my knees. Then they just started bleeding. It stung like a mother. I mean, look at the pool floor...NOT smooth. Rough, very rough!
Here are my knees now...I can hardly walk. This pic doesn't do justice. You can see how swollen my knee is by the shadowing around my sore. Who would've thought? So that's why I'm not running tonight, my knees are super, super sore and I am just limping along. Man, my knees just can't catch a break can they? :) I fell so hard that the pool floor scratched off my self tanner. Look how white my sore is ;)
So much fun!!
Then back to Lagoon we went. Izzy, Brock and Lydia had a great time. Thanks for hanging out with us. Aimee and Jules are great gals and I'm so glad our kids are fond of each other :)






4 comments:
That is so crapy about your knees I am so sorry! Hopefully lagoon was great other then that. We still have not made it there and probably won't the girls are not too happy about it. Hope your knees feel better soon.
oh my gosh I should say sore knees! MY heck your poor body!
Looks like you had a blast at Lagoon. You are brave to go in the water. I still only hear how cold it is - so glad to hear it wasn't that bad!
Love the story of Lyd's faking it that she likes the ride - hilarious! She is so adorable and might I add really funny!
Oh wow I am so sorry about your knees and probably not being able to run the half marathon. I know how much running means to you, you must be dying inside. Looks like you had a fun time at Lagoon. Looks like Lydia had a fun time with her friends. Sorry again about your knees being hurt. It has happened to me before!! OUCH!!
Sorry about your knees that looks painful. Also it made me sad to hear you might not be able to run the marathon, I know how long you have been getting ready for it, so sorry :( It looks like the kids had a great time at Lagoon, they are all so cute.
Post a Comment