Saturday, July 25, 2009

7 Years Together, Tabernacle Experience and Celebrating the 24th!!!

Yep, that's right. Jake and I have been married for 7 years. I can't believe how fast its gone by. Amazing. Here we are 7 years ago standing next to the Salt Lake Temple where we were married and sealed together.
Last Thursday the 23rd we celebrated by keeping it low key and just going to dinner. Thanks to the Watts for taking care of our baby girl while we enjoyed each other's company. We went to an italian restaurant but I wasn't too fond of it so we probably won't be going back, although the appetizer was to die for.

We decided to keep gifts cheap this year but I had no clue what to get Jake. I think he has every piece of Utah Utes memorabilia known to man....or so I thought. Two days before our anniversary, my Aunt Susan called me and said that she had 4 original stadium seats from "Rice Stadium" (as it was called back then) and wondered if I wanted them. Heck yeah! Her timing could not have been more perfect. I think it's a great addition to our deck. It adds character! Whatever makes my hubby happy :)
Jake went over budget (as he always does) and got me a new camera. I have always wanted a really nice one but didn't want to spend the money. He got me the Cannon Rebel xsi and so far I LOVE IT. He also got me a new laptop (our ancient computer finally crashed). Now I have two new toys I can take to Ireland next month! WooHoo!!! Happy Anniversary honey. You really are a wonderful husband and father. One of the things I've discovered over the years is how well we compliment each other. Our personalities blend so well and I'm so grateful to have you in my life. Cheers, once again, to the crazy Britt Woodruff! Here's our happy little family on our new stadium chairs! Happy Anniversary Honey!
Well, I did it!!! I finally got to sing in the tabernacle. What a wonderful experience. I will never ever, ever forget it. I just adore Michael Huff and can't wait to support him and see him in action this fall with the real pros.

Anyway, I was able to share this experience with some girls in my ward. It's been so fun hanging out with Emma and getting to know Tania and Anna! Here we are at the Tabernacle for the Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday night (the 22nd).
On July 24th, my alarm clock went off at 4:30am and I couldn't have been more thrilled. I got to sit in the Tabernacle where the MoTab sits. Wonderful. Here's the whole choir waiting to sing.
I'm in there somewhere (the only redhead with a red shirt on close to the flag). We started off by singing the Star Spangled Banner and immediately I got choked up. Many people said that we sounded like professionals. I couldn't believe it. Yay!!!! The acoustics were unreal. All together we only had 5 rehearsals and in that time we had to learn 6 songs. Those prayers really did work because normally I don't think that kind of thing can be pulled off, although Micheal Huff is a genus. I felt so privileged to be working under his baton!
There I am. It truly was an experience of a lifetime and I will always be grateful for that opportunity. Thank you SOOO much to all that came to support me. It was so early and I'm so grateful to have family and friends who care enough to lose a lot of sleep for me. I think I had about 12 people there who came to support me. Jake's family really is amazing and I thank the heaven's above every day for such wonderful in law's! As you can see in the pic below, our old camera sucked. The zoom was horrible...can't wait to use my new one.
Bones and Darcie were sweet enough to give me a rose afterward. I felt like the principal after the opening night of a play. I was getting hugs of support and so much praise of how wonderful we all sounded together. I know I'm sounding so cheesy right now but it really meant the world to me and I will never forget how sweet you all were for coming.

Here we are standing next to the pipes. I still can't believe I did this. For anyone that's musical, it should be a goal of theirs to sing in that amazing Tabernacle where all of that rich history lies. For as long as I live, I will remember this moment always. How touching it was to stand up there and pay tribute to all of those men, women and children who sacrificed so much to travel across the plains to this valley. I hope to always try and have the faith that they had back then.
I just thought I'd post a random picture of my new haircut. Thanks Heather...you're a genus :0)
On the 24th, the Clark's came over for some S'mores and fireworks. The kids had a lot of fun playing together. Thanks guys! We had a lot of fun!


4 comments:

Margo said...

You have truly been blessed for being able to sing in the tabernacle. I'm sure the choir was like Heaven on Earth. I can tell how much it meant to you and I'm so happy that you got to experience it. Not anybody can do that and you did. I couldn't be more proud of you. You go girl!! Happy Anniversary to you guys. A new camera and a new laptop your man definitely knows how to spoil you. But I have to say that Rice stadium seats are to die for. You truly complete each other. I wish you for many many more years to come.

Bel said...

First of all congrats on singing, what a wonderful experience. Second, wow I LOVE your hair so stinking cute!! Third congrats on the annivesary 7 years that's awesome :) Last but not least YAY on the new camera I have been dying to get one of those but we are on a tight budget so maybe someday. So cool you got it right before your big trip, you are going to get some amazing shots of Ireland, so exciting!

Joey and Nettifer said...

where do I even start with this post? Love your hair, thanks for the invite for the tab. It was awesome! The music was beautiful. So glad we went even though at breakfast we had a melt down. Love the seats you got Jake. I got to meet your aunt that gave you those chairs. Love that you have a new camera and jealous on the laptop! Glad you had such a fun weekend! Hope you are feeling better!

oh yeah! Happy 7 years! Many more to come!

Heather Jones said...

Happy anniversary Love the chairs so funny. That is awesome you got a new camara!! I am glad the concert went well. I talk to Jake about it a little. I am glad you like your hair that makes me happy. I would feel bad if you hated it since I did cut it off hehe! We may need to talk about computers cause we really need a laptop.