Saturday, August 01, 2009

76 miles...

That's how many miles I ran total for my training to do the half marathon before I decided it wouldn't be a good idea to do it due to injuries (patella tendinitis and the incident at the pool). I hate quiting things. I never have been one to give up but my body is telling me otherwise. My knees just can't hack it. So I am gracefully bowing out. Dang it!!!!!!

Training for this half has been a great distraction though. Since the miscarriage Mother's day weekend, I thought it would be a great thing to do to pass the time until I got the ok from my doctor to start trying again. So I think this marathon served its purpose for me. It was a great distraction but now it's time to move on and hopfully be pregnant soon...and another plus, it helped me lose the 10 lbs I wanted before getting prego again.

It was fun while it lasted...better luck next year. And hey, I've passed on my love of running to a dear friend. So Lynette, good luck in the race and kick butt for me. I'll be cheering for you on the sidelines :)

3 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Erin! I haven't blogged FOREVER! Even my little Ben has had to do the last post 'cause life has been so crazy!!
Looks/sounds like everything is going great for you guys (except for a minor knee injury). :) Happy anniversary...love that picture. Look hot HOT you guys are...DANG!
Congrats on singing at the Conference Center...awesome.
Hope you guys are having a fab summer! Again, forgive me for not signing in sooner...

xoxo

Joey and Nettifer said...

Darn it my running buddy! Thank goodnes there will always be marathon's to run. We will run one together someday. Thanks for helping me get started in my new found love! i owe it all to you!
Thanks for the good wishes I will need them. I added up what I have ran so far and I am exactly at 130 miles!
Loves!

Bel said...

I am so sorry to hear you will not be able to run after all but on the bright side you are a better person for going through the training. Now on to more exciting things (such as a cute baby and a wonderful trip!) and like you said there will always be next year :)