Last week Lyd's went to Kangaroo Zoo with Lincoln and of course they had a good time. I just love how fast they go down the slides. Lydia is getting more and more brave every time we go to this place. She doesn't need mommy as much anymore!
SIDENOTE: Anyone who is at all interested in coming to the Days of '47 Sunrise Service on July 24th should come because it is going to be AWESOME. Click here to read about it. A lot of people don't even know about it but it's a program put on at the Tabernacle every year before the parade starts. You may not have heard of it because it starts at 7am (when most are asleep). Yeah, pretty early but let me tell you, the spirit will be so strong in that place on that day no doubt. Their seriously won't be a dry eye in the room, the music is THAT moving.
I am so touched by music and feel so grateful to be a part of it this year. We're performing 6 numbers all dedicated to the pioneers and the struggles they endured on their journey. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the songs are. They don't have tickets for it, it's just first come, first serve. If you show up late, there will probably be some seats left but they say it's a pretty popular event so come 10-15 minutes early.
Anyway, luckily our region was chosen to perform all the numbers and we're going to have instrumental accompaniments so it's going to be incredible. Our conductor is Michael Huff, Music Director of the Salt Lake Symphonic Choir. All I can say is...he's AMAZING! We've had two rehearsals so far and without sounding like too much of a musical nerd, I've gotten chills constantly at the way we all sound together. The spirit truly is in attendance. It really would be exciting to see the support of our stake their so anyone who wants to come, PLEASE COME! Jake will be there with Lydia bright and early so bring your families and get some free, uplifting entertainment :)
2 comments:
Lydia is so cute with that pool! I can't believe she likes to throw herself down like that!
We will be there for your concert! Yippie!
Thanks so much for coming to the party, I am glad Lydia had fun. I love her cute swimsuit, she is so adorable sun bathing and throwing herself into the pool. Brave girl for going down those slides by herself, go girl!!
Post a Comment