Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sanpete Up in the Hizzouse!

Last week Lydia and I made our first snowman of the winter season. It was pretty cold so I didn't make it very tall. The plan was to go big but due to my lack of cold tolerance we made one just about Lydia's size. She was so happy and the edible chocolate eyes were gone within 10 minutes of attachment :)
We spent this weekend down in San Pete County with our friends' the Pehrson's. It's a bit of a drive so we try and stay the night to extend the quality time! So we drove down on Friday afternoon and just got back tonight. We hung out, played games and on Saturday we went snowmobiling. I've never been before and I have to say it was pretty fun...the tubing part anyway. I didn't care too much for the actual riding on the snowmobile. Too fast for me. That's ok, you can call me a wuss. And Lydia was in the worst mood ever. She cried the whole time.
Lydia refused to get on the tube. So what did we do? We forced her on. And of course (that word is for you Ben, spelling bee champ) mommy and daddy know best... she loved it and didn't want to get off.


It was hilarious to see Jake on the tube. He is NEVER prepared for cold weather activities (look who's talking, I wore my high heel boots). But he wore tennis shoes with ankle socks. So as you can see in the picture, the whole bottom half of his leg was exposed. He said it was like shards of glass hitting his legs. I was laughing so hard.



Thanks for hosting Ben and Em. You guys are the best! We had lots of fun and can't wait to do it again soon...with the vacuum lady :)

6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Jake's ankel socks are killing me! What a fun time. I love snowmobiling and being pulled by a tube is even better - at least that is what I think.
Glad you had a good time in Sanpete!

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

THose legs are killer Jake!! I am cracking up just picturing the high pitched screaches from you being pulled in the snow!! =) We do the same thing with our 4-wheelers, it's a blast!!

Heather Jones said...

How fun I love snowmobiling and it has been way to long. It looks like you guys had so much fun Love the legs Jake.

melynda said...

it looks like you had a blast. i love that snowman, what a fun mom.

Clark Family said...

How long has Jake lived in Utah and does he own anything for the winter - give me a break. At least you had fun! You are a much better mother than I am...I have never made a snowman with my kids yet. Brad usually takes care of it and I take the pictures.

Emilee said...

Just for future reference sanpete is one word, we arent total hickville with San Pete:) We had an awesome time with you guys and are so glad that you were able to come and be our pals. Love you guys!