It has been way too long since I've written anything down so here we go:
Last week we went to the church museum. Lydia just loves that place and I especially love it because it's free. Lydia did a bit of coloring then off to the babies where she spent the remainder of the time. I can't get over the motherly instinct that little girls have at such a young age. She held the baby, fed her and rocked her. Lyd's is such a sweet, kind-hearted little girl and it's so adorable to see her acting so gently toward the little fake babies. She is definately ready to be a big sis ;)
I have two big battles that I deal with multiple times a day, every day...1) keeping Lydia from teasing Larry and 2) getting her to take a nap. Let's delve into number 2...she will not lay down to nap. She doesn't fight me when I put her in her room; she's happy to go in there, then she plays for 2 hours by herself. It's the actually falling asleep that's the hard part. Oh well, at least I get my alone time and Lydia gets her quiet time in her room. When she's ready to come out, I hear, "Mama!" So I go upstairs and this is what I ALWAYS see...
She's decided to play hide and seek with me. She's so proud of herself when I say,"Where's Lydia?" as she's laying under the covers giggling with excitement. It's seriously the best feeling knowing how happy this little game is making her. How can you be mad at that face for not taking a nap?
Ahh, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and the gifts are starting to come in. Note to self: NEVER buy Lydia anything for V-day because the family spoils her with enough gifts. She LOVES he huge sucker and that's all she wanted for breakfast. Sure why not? Great thing to eat just before going to the dentist for the first time!
Yesterday, Lydia had a playdate with her cousins and I have to say that I am so happy that Lydia has Lizzy to play with. They get along so well. All they do is laugh and giggle together as if they're teenagers talking about the cute guy across the room. I love it and one of the reasons I love it so much is that I didn't have a sister growing up. My best friend when I was a kid was my cousin Melissa. I have SO many memories of us together. We were always laughing together, trying to find a way to talk our mom's into letting us do one silly thing or another. I loved that we played cars in the dirt, took pictures of ourselves with our scrunchie's and banana clips thinking we were hot, and laughing in our bedroom until we literally peed our pants. Oh, those were the days! Those memories will forever be in my mind and I hope that's what Lyd's and Lizzy grow up to have as well.Well, Lydia had her very first dentist appt. They don't do much at this young of an age but everything checked out perfectly. She was an angel and did exactly what the dentist asked, yet another example of how lucky Jake and I are to have such a great, well behaved little girl to raise. Afterward they gave her a polka dotted dinosaur toothbrush and let her pick a toy from the goody bag. Trip #1: success!
5 comments:
The title of your post sounds like it could be a childrens book.
she is so stinking cute! I love that she plays hide & seek with you - while she is in the middle of the floor under a blanket! Adorable!
Way to go on the dental visit. She is such a good girl
What a fun memory of you and your cousin! That is awesome.
Oh Erin, I too have soooo many memories of us growing up, Wow to think of all the fun times we had. Remember when I ran our car into the garage,,LOL, I love you sooo much cousin! I'm glad you cherish our memories as I do!! XOXO Can't wait to see you in March!
WOW! I am impressed your little gal has already visited the dentist! Houston is 4 and I've still never taken him. Better get on that one. Not sure how they do it in Europe though. :)
Linds
I haven't commented in so long..I suck. Just wanted to say hi and hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day! :)
Post a Comment