The past few days have been pretty crazy for us. We're not used to all this running around. Helping Lydia to be more social is very tiring! On Thursday Lydia and I took Lizzy to the Clark Planetarium to look around.
We also went and saw the new 3D "Under the Sea" movie. It was so cute and the girls actually sat the whole time to watch it. There was one point though, that I thought to myself, "Why the crap did I bring two two year olds to a movie?" because they got a little crazy. For about ten minutes I wanted to pull my hair out due to my daughter acting like a wild child. All she wanted to do was run up and down the stairs. When I made her sit down, she had a melt down and started screaming right in the middle of the theater. When I finally calmed her down, she had already upset Lizzy to point where she started crying and wanted her mommy. I leaned over to take care of her and Lydia lost her balance off my lap and hit her head on a hard, metal bar. Of course she started screaming again. I calmed her down and back to the stairs she wanted to go. So what did I do? I threatened to throw her beloved bunny in the trash if she didn't stay on my lap and be quiet. Oh yeah, I'm a bad mom. I had just had it and I would've done anything to keep her still. So anyway, besides that ten minutes of chaos, we had a great time :)
They we so cute with their glasses. During the movie they kept trying to reach out and grab the fish that were swimming by their heads!
Since the weather has been so nice lately I've let Lydia go outside and play and I watch from inside while cleaning my kitchen. I looked outside and saw this. 99% of the time Lydia is either teasing or hurting Larry so it was nice to see her just enjoying his company with no fighting or crying (Larry is the one that cries by the way...she's so mean to him). I went outside to take the pictures and I said, "You love Larry huh?" and Lydia's response, "Yeah, we're best friends huh?" I love it!
On Friday Jules invited Aimee, Brock, Lyd's and I to Flips to experience what Izee does each week. It was AMAZING. I love that place. They have the cutest mommy and me class. I can't get over how cute, friendly and fun everyone was. Lydia got to swing on bars, jump on different tramps, walk across the high beams and play with the big parachute. She had a great time. We'll have to go back there for sure. I think I was more impressed than Lydia was!
Tonight we were invited to Madelyn's 4th birthday party. Lynette and Joey rented out the rec center pool and had friends and family come swim to celebrate Maddie's b-day. We had so much fun. Lydia was doing fine until Daddy made her go down the BIG slide and she went under the water. She was glued to my side after that. She's sensitive just like her mommy, what can I say?! 
We've loved getting to know Madds the past year. She's become quite a big part of Lydia's life. She talks about her all the time and is always wanting to know what she's doing. Thanks Madelyn for inviting us. You are hilarious and we love you tons.
On Friday Jules invited Aimee, Brock, Lyd's and I to Flips to experience what Izee does each week. It was AMAZING. I love that place. They have the cutest mommy and me class. I can't get over how cute, friendly and fun everyone was. Lydia got to swing on bars, jump on different tramps, walk across the high beams and play with the big parachute. She had a great time. We'll have to go back there for sure. I think I was more impressed than Lydia was!
We've loved getting to know Madds the past year. She's become quite a big part of Lydia's life. She talks about her all the time and is always wanting to know what she's doing. Thanks Madelyn for inviting us. You are hilarious and we love you tons.
3 comments:
You guys are busy bees!! Thanks again for taking Lizzy with you. I am glad she was good for you and not her usual crazy self. I know she had a fun time. She loved looking at the pictures of herself and Lydia. You are the best!
Where do I even start? You guys are so busy! Love that you guys came to the party and Madelyn loves the gift. We have already played with it. Thanks so much for coming and being part of Madelyn's special day! You guys are some of the best friends ever!
I can just see you telling Lydia - you are going to chuck the bunny. Yes, you are a brave mama for taking 2 - two year olds to a movie!
Those pics of Larry & Lydia! So stinking cute. I think you should frame them!
Love you!
You guys are always up to something fun! Looks like another fun weekend!
Post a Comment