Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend!

I finally did it...
40+ hours of hard work
1 1/2 years of journaling (158 posts)
867 pictures and
23 days later, I finally finished my 262 page journal that I made from my blog and
I LOVE IT! I'm so proud of it and oddly enough, very protective of it. I think it turned out way cute. I went to blurb.com and they take your blog and convert it to a book for you. So now we have our family journal for the past year and a half.

President Spencer W. Kimball said:
"I urge all of the people of this church to give serious attention to their family histories, to encourage their parents and grandparents to write their journals, and let no family go into eternity without having left their memoirs for their children, their grandchildren, and their posterity. This is a duty and a responsibility, and I urge every person to start the children out writing a personal history and journal."

So now I know that all of those hours spent blogging weren't done in vein!

Now onto our weekend. I've decided a new tradition that Lyd's and I are going to continue is making homemade Valentine's cards. My mom was out here last year and we made little puppy dog valentine's for everyone. This year we made flowers. I learned how to make them in like 6th grade and I've remembered all these years later. But by the time you cut, color, make your design and create the flower, each one took about 10-15 minutes. Needless to say we only made a few this year.


So I decided that we'd make 6 to give to all the kids that were at Lynette and Joey's Valentine's party that they invited us to on Friday night. Lynette had it set up so cute for all the girls. I think they had a really good time. Thanks Lynette for the invite. Too bad I didn't get any pictures.

On the actual V-Day, we went as a family and ate sushi at Happy Sumo. The wait was 1 1/2 hours so we went to the Discovery Center to pass the time. Because I didn't want to spend 30 bucks to get in, we just played in the DC store for free. I know, I'm cheap! Lydia didn't mind...she had a great time anyway. Here she is in the V-day dress G-ma Frandsen got her!

Man, let me tell you...the sushi was SOOO good this time at HS. One of the specials was the Scarlet Lady and it was one of the best rolls I've ever had. It had this yummy spicy crab on top of it. Jake always orders the rolls because I'm too much of a wuss to try anything different but every time I eat what he orders, I always love them. We got four rolls and they were all fabulous! So we had a great V-day. Love you honey! Glad you're my valentine!

5 comments:

Cammy Aller said...

I love your family journal!! I totally want to do the same thing. Great job!! Valentines day sounded great for you guys. :)

Ben and Ash said...

Erin! I'm so sorry that I didn't get to talk to you the other day!! I wanted to but that lame-o drug rep was in the middle of his thing and I felt bad just walking out. I'm SORRY! Thank you Lydia for my Valentine. It will stay at my desk every day!!
I love your blog journal. That is so awesome and I am way jealous. I need one!
HELLO!!! We love Happy Sumo.
Happy V Day!

Marti said...

Love your book. I've made a couple of books through blurb and was about to upload our blog. So glad to see it turned out so great!

Would you invite Brandon to Happy Sumo with you next time? I am not a sushi fan- but he loves it! He would say Jake is a lucky man to have you simply for that! :)

Dinner? Next month? We'll chat...
And thanks for the bday message- you're too cute.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Love your book! Can't wait to make mine look like yours with the hard backing! Yours turned out awesome! Love your quote. At least I am doing something right :)
So glad you guys could come to our house on Friday - thanks for helping me cook! Thank goodness we didn't loose any hair with the two fires either - don't worry. On Sunday I totally fixed my ghetto stove - so hopefully no fires :)
THanks for the sweet valentines. What a labor of love. Just so you know Madelyn is still playing with it- she loves it.
Glad Happy Sumo was so yummy. I can't wait to eat Sushi when I am not prego! I can just imagine what it tastes like!
Thanks for the birthday call for Madelyn. What good friends you are!

Heather Jones said...

Glad you had a great V-day. Your flowers were very cute thanks for the hard work. I may need to come see your book and get some pointers from you.