OK, before I start my post I just have to say in honor of football season starting in one week, I changed my blog to support the Utah Utes! Call me crazy but I think Jake is rubbing off on me a tiny bit :) My husband will be officially absent from my life next Thursday as he flies off to "The Big House" to watch the Utes play Michigan in the first game of the season!
Anyway, my friend Lynette made this for me and it will display itself proudly in my kitchen until around January 1st, 2009, when I get my husband back! I'm serious! I won't see him! At all! Some of you wives know what I'm talking about :)
Lydia loves it more and more every year because she actually knows the animal names. Although she did get confused every now and then and called the tiger a cow and the rhino an elephant. But I have to give her credit...all she ever sees of animals are the animated pictures in her reading books. I guess it's quite different when they're real and moving around!
And Lyd's loved the train the most of all, smiling the whole ride. What cutie!Thanks for a fun day together Lydia. I love you so much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then on Friday, we were off on another camping trip. This time, just our own little family. We went up into the Uintas again and stayed at the Lodgepole campground.
Here's the area...gorgeous right?!
Our campsite...Thanks Todd and Heather for letting us barrow your tent. We bought one when we got married but our family has doubled in size since then and we couldn't fit.
I loved this HUGE tree that shaded our whole campsite.
Oh how I love that little girl :)
We had such a fun time. We did absolutely nothing...just sat around, talked and played.
One of my favorite parts about camping is the campfire. I think they are so beautiful and so mesmerizing.
After we put Lyd's to bed, Jake and I stayed up and talked for hours. We had a really good time and of course some great conversation. Then we decided to go to bed. After about an hour of lying in the tent in our cozy sleeping bags on the HARD ground I heard something...a crunching noise, right outside our tent.
Earlier that day larry's dog food spilled all over the ground and I picked up most of it but some pieces were left behind.
Well, some creature in the middle of the night decided to snack on it. It was a loud crunching noise too...all I'm saying is that it wasn't some chipmunk or squirrel. I want to say it was a big bear (that would be a great story, right?) but I couldn't hear it moving, only crunching away on what I'm sure is delicious Science Diet "Sensitive Stomach" dog food! It was too dark to look outside to see what creature was lurking before us so I can only assume it was a raccoon or something of that nature! But I will admit, I was scared for a moment or two!
After we had been up for a while, a deer wandered on through our campsite. It was fun to see some wildlife on our trip. I bet you anything you won't be able to find it in this picture. But I promise you it's there if you look real hard!
8 comments:
I am actually a bit jealous you went camping. It looks like such a relaxing and low-key time. I am glad you had fun and you survived. I got a bit nervous as I read the "bear" outside your tent story. Looks like TONS O FUN!!
By the way, we can hang out during football season since my husband is leaving me for Florida next weekend! When is our next girl's trip?
P.S. What a kind wife to change your blog for the Utes. I must say Jake really is rubbing off on you!
what a fun mom & daughter day. Sometimes you just need days like that - so fun!
Camping looks amazing. We did miss you Friday night on the slip and slide.
I would have been freaking out with that creature eating the food - I would have probably made Joey go out and see what it was. I am surprised you didn't scream. Was anyone camping around you? Fun times and the weather looked amazing too!
Changing your blog layout to a Ute theme is the sexiest thing you've ever done.
What a fun thing to do with your little daughter. Hinarei loves going to the zoo! Lydia is way adorable and it looks like she had a whole lot of fun camping! We haven't been camping this year I hope to attend our ward camp out though next month! We should all go!
Looks like so much fun I would have died with the whole creature thing!! We do wish you had been here to do the slip and slide though. I love your football sign I need one for sure!! I also love your cute post about Lydia.So are you ready to be a single parent I am!!
erin, i'v had the green layout for over a week now, so i bet something was up with it yesterday. hopefully it's back to normal!
Oh my gosh Erin!! Where did your friend get that sign??? I need one...bad!! Please let me know where I can get one.
Lydia...you are too cute.
I have been camping at Lodgepole before and it snowed!!! My memories aren't as sweet.
Post a Comment