Sunday, August 17, 2008

Camping!!!

This weekend, our friends' invited us to spend a couple days with them at their cabin in the Uintas. The cabin is about 25 minutes south of Evanston, WY, so it was nice to get out of town for a few days (even though it was only about an hour away)! This was Lydia's first time camping so it was fun to see her out there in the woods playing around. Even though I grew up in KS, I spent my summers in Utah and some of the best memories I have as a kid were those spent camping in the mountains with my dad and siblings. I was a lucky little gal...I got the best of both worlds :) So I hope Jake and I will keep this up and take advantage of those beautiful mountains and get Lydia out there so she can make memories of her own.
Anyway, here's Larry on the way up. It's too bad he had to be caged up most of the time due to his knee surgery. He would've loved roaming around on his own smelling every tree he encountered!
So here is the ADORABLE cabin. It was so tiny and cute...I loved it. The firepit is in the back.
Here's Jake in the loft making one of his weird girly faces...
The Johnsen's
The Stewart's
Little Ti Ti and Lyd's. As soon as I said cheese, Lydia leaned in close to Teah so they'd both be in the picture!
I love the mountains because you just sit back and relax and do absolutely nothing!
We went for a walk...

Roasted hot dogs and made s'mores...
Enjoyed the beautiful trees and wildlife.
It really was breathtaking up there. I couldn't believe how incredibly BRIGHT and full the moon was. It was so bright you couldn't really see any stars. I've never seen it like that before. It was amazing!
I forgot how much I love the mountains and I can't wait to get back out there, but next time we're going to do the whole tent thing. I've actully never stayed in a cabin before so I'm used to just having a tent. So it will be fun to do it the old fashioned way :)
Thanks Danny and Katie. We love the Great Outdoors and appreciated the invite!

6 comments:

maia said...

what fun pictures! i especially love larry in the sunlight. wonder what he's thinking ... btw, hope he's recovering ok from that surgery. poor baby.

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a wonderful beautiful weekend you had! It looks like the weather was perfect also. Glad you had a fun get away!

Ben and Ash said...

Cutest little cabin!

We just got back from camping too...we love the outdoors. Love the picture of Jake in the loft. Glad you guys had a great time.

melynda said...

how fun, i hope larry is feeling better. we miss you, see you soon.

Clark Family said...

Sounds like you had a great time...what fun friends you have!

Audrey said...

Camping is so much fun. There's something about being dirty and not having to clean it off that kids just LOVE!