Well, you read it! My poor, little 3 year old dog had to have knee surgery. Can you believe it? I can't!
So, before Jake and I chose a dog to buy for our little family 3 years ago, we did our research on what the best breed would be for us. We chose the Boston Terrier because A) they are adorable, B) our friend's have 2 and they love theirs (thanks Danielle and Jason) and C) they looked good on paper, besides a couple of health risks that we were sure wouldn't happen to our Boston! Well, what do you know, we got one where the genetic problems rang true! Larry got Patellar Luxation, which means that his knee cap slips in and out of place randomly throughout the day (not painful). So we took him to the vet and he said there was nothing we could do but wait to see if it gets worse. Well it did! He started limping like crazy. So we took him in again and it turns out that his knee cap was out of it's groove 90% of the time which caused the limping and our new problem, ARTHRITIS! My 3 yr old has arthritis! The only cure was surgery, to cut the tendon and put it back in it's place with steel pins.
So Larry had the surgery yesterday. Here he is before the surgery in the vet's office. You can tell he's scared/concerned because of the pinned back ears!
Here's our boy post surgery! The doctor said he did great. So 1 1/2 hours and $1000 later, our boy is cured of his Patellar luxation.
Here's our boy post surgery! The doctor said he did great. So 1 1/2 hours and $1000 later, our boy is cured of his Patellar luxation.
Here's his war wound.

5 comments:
Ohmygosh. Literally, my heart hurt when I was looking at those pictures. Its so awful when they hurt and they can't tell you and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm so glad everything went well! We love Larry. Give him get well "kisses" from his buds Wats and Sherlock.
P.S. - does he not have to wear the cone? Wats and Sherlock both had to wear them after their tail surgeries.
Poor Larry!! I am so sorry for your little guy. I hope he recovers well!
I am glad that his surgery went well. Poor thing. Its good he has you guys as parents. You are great to your doggie.
That is so sad but glad it went well. I can't believe it cost so much I would die. What great doggy owners you are.
Post a Comment