Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sugarhouse Park and Lagoon Competition!

Last Friday for our sister-in-law play date we went to Sugarhouse Park to play, hang out and feed the ducks.  We had a lot of fun chatting in the shade while the kids played in the perfect weather!
 Lydia wants to be big so badly!  She always want to go on the monkey bars and things but just doesn't have the strength yet!


 Nate was so happy!  He stood so many times for such long periods of time.  He just started doing this last week!  He'll be walking before we know it!


 I loved how Timmy was pushing his imaginary friend....and he did it for quite a while!
Then we headed over to the birds!




I love living in Utah; we have the most gorgeous mountains!

On Saturday Lydia had another dance competition at Lagoon.  Duck and Bird were out of town so I had the opportunity to see what it was like to have twins in dance.  It took me 3 hours to do their hair and make-up but I was organized and things went so smoothly.  It was great!
 Here are the girls' getting ready to do their stretches!  These three were so cute together all day!
Here's most of the Legacy Dance group that was there for this competition!
 They practiced their dance twice before going on stage.


Such concentration on Lyd's face!
Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to paint the stage the morning of the dance competition so when the first girls went on from another company, they got paint all over their costumes.  So they had to sand down the stage.  This put us like two hours behind!  Yikes!  

But we made the most of it and let the girls run around  and Nate was pretty good for being so tired.  We put him in the grass and that pacified him for a while.  I didn't think I'd need a blanket (he hates the feel of grass) so all I could find was a bib for him to sit on....not much room to move but he didn't seem to mind.  LOL!
The girls' pushed Nate around for a bit!  We tried our hardest to find things for them to do and they did awesome playing together while we waited!
It was finally our time and I have to say, this was the best performance I have ever seen them do!  They all did AMAZING and were in sync more this dance than any other I've seen!  It was so fun to see!  Lydia smiled the whole time and you could tell they were all having so much fun!  And there were so many supporters in the crowd so I know that helped that we were all cheering them on!
Lydia got another trophy this year!  It's the same one as last year and Lydia loves it!  Way to go Lydia!  We are so dang proud of you!  P.S.  Lydia's dance group took second place!  Totally should have been first!  I wanna see who first place was!
Afterward we decided to stay and play at Lagoon with our buds the Newell's!  The kiddy area lines weren't crowded at all so the kids had a blast riding everything together!  We only stayed for a couple hours but that's the great thing about season passes; there's no pressure to stay all day!
 Thank goodness Nate slept....not for very long but a cat nap is just what he needed!  He woke up and was pretty good for the rest of our time there!




Later that night, the Newell's came over for a classic comedy movie night!  Who doesn't love Dumb and Dumber?!  The kids played great while we laughed our butts off!

Thanks for hanging out all day!  It was so much fun!

Below is the video of their dance for anyone that wants to watch it (just pause the music on the right sidebar at the top of this page)!  Of course, Lydia is the one on the end and her cousin Lizzy is right next to her!!!

3 comments:

Bel said...

That was a fun day and I have to agree the girls rocked it! I have never seen them do so perfectly before. It was AWESOME!

We also had a fabulous time doing the rides and hanging out with you guys. It was like a much smaller version of our Disney trip, hehe! Its so nice to finally have passes and not feel like we have to stay for hours without end. We will have to take the girls back soon, they didn't seem to have enough. Mathias finally warmed up to it so hopefully he will enjoy it more next time.

I LOVE that movie its just so classic. I could watch it again and again, haha! Thanks for letting us come over :)

Oh and the day at the park looks perfect, the kids seemed to have totally enjoyed it. Glad summer is here... For the most part, not so much when the girls are at swim class, lol!

See you tomorrow!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

how fun that you hang out and love your family/in laws so much! That is awesome! Good times for sure.
Glad the dance comp went so well and not shocking that they were behind this year. It is always something with Lagoon.
But you gotta love Goon!
And, look at you getting two little girls ready. You are ready for more kids!

Heather Jones said...

LOve sugar house park always so fun. That really is a fun thing to do with the inlaws and cousins! The girls look darling for their dance ! That is soooo awful someone would paint the stage I hate when those things get behind! Can't wait to get passes next year so we can play at lagoon too!