Monday, June 20, 2011

Nate Turns One.....Father's Day Celebrations!

One year ago on June 15th, I was blessed with baby number two; a little boy that has brought so much joy into our lives!  I can't believe its been a year!  Nate's doing wonderfully!  He's growing so fast and still amazes me with his strength!  I took some pictures for his b-day invite and this is the one that made the cut!
His one year well check visit went great, except for ear infection NUMBER THREE!  He's had three ear infections in three months but it has taken over SIX medications to get rid of said infections.  When he gets them, they just don't go away!  He got his third ear infection two weeks ago and at his one year appt, the doctor said it's not getting better so she switched his meds so hopefully this helps!  One more infection and it's off to an ENT doctor!  Poor kid!

But you wouldn't ever know he was in pain.  He's such a happy boy!  I can't imagine how much happier he would be if he wasn't in so much pain all the time!  He'd probably NEVER cry or whine if he wasn't so sick all the time!

Here are his stats:
Weight: 23.3 lbs  50%
Height: 30 inches  50%
Head: 18.3 inches  50%
 We celebrated his actual b-day by giving him a donut after dinner.  He was so happy!  When we started singing to him, he just gave us these funny looks.  It was so cute!

 He devoured that donut! He wasn't sure what it was at first, but once he took his first taste, he was all over it!
 He would bite into it, then suck on it really hard until it broke off.





*Nate took three steps on June 13th and has taken that many throughout the week.  Almost there!
*He got tooth #7 on June 10th and tooth #8 on June 14th.
*Nate loves his sister and she loves him just as much.  They play so well together, although he is finally getting to that age where he's messing up her toys and upsetting Lydia!!  But they still love each other a ton nonetheless!
We decided to have a small party to celebrate Nate turning one!  I thought I'd tackle the idea of decorating a fondant cake from scratch.  This was my very first time making one and I think it turned out great for my first time.  Yes it's lopsided and has a ton of imperfections but I love it!

My friend posted on her blog that she made her own marshmallow fondant; it seemed easy so I tried it and just made my own little designs on it from scratch as well.  The fondant was super easy.  There are only three ingredients.  It's really messy but worth it in the end!
 I decorated one table and called it good.  It was very low key and so much fun to have our family and close friends over to celebrate our boy turning one!

 It was so windy that the balloons kept ruining my table so I moved them to Nate's chair.  He loved it for about 5 minutes, then he was done!

Everyone was so sweet to Nate, giving him lots of hugs and kisses and telling him happy birthday.  It was so cute to see all the kids interact with him!

 Then it was time for cake!  He was excited!
 He was a pro at this point so he knew what to do!
 The fondant confused him so I turned the cake over so he could get to the good stuff!

 Nate and Braylon are only a month apart.  I love this age.  It's so funny how they interact!




Present time!  He wasn't very interested in this part of the evening but thanks so much to everyone for spoiling my boy!  He has been enjoying all of his gifts this weekend!


 He loves to clap.  There's always a smile on his face when he does it!

Thanks everyone for coming.  We had a great time!  Nate, we love you and are so blessed to have you in our lives.  You have such a fun personality and you are always smiling!  You are so strong and have been since the day you were born!  Happy Birthday Naters!  We love you!
Our amazing friends the Pehrson's were able to make it to the party.  We were so happy they could come!  Since they drove so far, they stayed the night so we could enjoy each other's company longer!

On Saturday we headed to Kneaders for a Father's Day breakfast!  They serve Free all you can eat french toast to all the father's that come in!  Wow....BEST french toast I've ever had!  Seriously, you must try it if you haven't.  It's all you can eat, but I could only eat two slices, it's so thick and delicious!

Here are the four kiddos.  I love how well Cambree and Lydia get along!  They had so much fun in those short 24 hours together! Thanks for coming up Ben and Em.  We love you guys!
On Sunday, we headed up to Jake's parents for dinner to celebrate the awesome father's in our lives.  Here's Jake with his Pops Rodney!
 The three generation picture!
Our drive home was so gorgeous I just had to take a picture!  So pretty!  Happy Father's day to all the amazing men in my life!  I seriously am so blessed to have a FIL that is so incredible.  I was so blessed to reconnect with my father and have him in my life again before his passing last year.  And I don't know what I did to deserve to be married to a man who is such a great father and takes such good care of our kids!  I love you all!
Jake got a few gifts from us, but we didn't know that Nate had a gift up his sleeve.  At Jake's parents house, Nate pushed around this walking toy for literally over an hour and when we tried to get him to walk on his own, he took as many as 10 steps!  YAY!!!! We were so proud of him.  All of his hard work and practice actually paid off!
Although he's super shaky, he loves it and you can tell he is so proud of himself!  I wanted him to walk before our first camping trip in two weeks....well, it looks like I may get my wish!  Good job buddy!

5 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Goodness, Nate is such a cutie! I can't believe the little man is one (that means Lauren is just around the corner and that can't be right!). I love that he's walking! Way to go, Nate!

Heather Jones said...

Love him and his donut so stinkin cute! Bray would not even know what to do! The party was great I loved how you had a picture for every month! Thx for letting us come celebrate with him. So great he walked maybe I can bring bray over and nate can teach him hehe! I have never been to kneaders but, I heard it is good and I have a gift card I will have to try the french toast!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I knew he was going to walk after playing with him in church! What a big boy he is! The party was so fun and the food was so yummy and so fun being with every one! Thanks for inviting us.
What a wonderful father's day weekend and how fun your friends even made it in town for the party.
I love french toast and kneaders but never ordered it there. I am now on a mission :)
I borrowed a pic of Nate is that is ok for my blog. I forgot my camera that night

melynda said...

what a cute birthday boy! he looks like he had so much fun at the party. i love his happy little smile. Happy Birthday Nate.

Clark Family said...

He sure is a cutie. I am just wondering why Leash is not in the picture with my dad and Jake?? Haha...that still makes me laugh thinking about it. Thanks for a fabulous party to celebrate the most adorable 1 year-old nephew I know. I think we are going to be buds like you and Timmy are buds. Can't wait for our camping trip!!