Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas and the events surrounding it!

A couple days before christmas Jake headed down to Las Vegas for the Vegas Bowl with his traveling buddies. Too bad they lost but it's always good to have some male bonding time on a 30 hour trip! They met up with Anabel and Joe at the game so I can thank Anabel for the one picture that got taken!

Rodney, Bones, Joey and Jake
Christmas Eve we always go over to Jake's parents house, eat dinner, participate in a program and open gifts! It's so fun to see what each of the eight siblings come up with every year when their family gets up to perform!
When we got home Lydia was so excited to write Santa a note and leave the milk and cookies. She's getting so much better at writing her name and drawing.


Christmas Morning!
Looks like Santa came
and ate most of his cookies!
And after 4 months of asking for a dollhouse, Lydia finally got it! She must have been a good girl this year! I love that it's taller than her!
Nate's first Christmas!
Larry is always hilarious to watch! He rips the paper off the presents and runs off with it! He really gets into it!!!
Lydia got a book from Grandma Frandsen. It's really cool...since my mom lives 1000 miles away, she hardly ever gets to read to Lydia so she bought a book that she could record the words and when you turn the page, it's my mom's voice reading each page. Lydia loves it and now she has G-ma Frandsen reading to her whenever she wants!
Seriously, Lydia got SOOO spoiled this year. I mean, she was a good girl but wow! All she wanted was a dollhouse and five dolls. She got the dollhouse but ended up with 17 dolls in all! Thanks everyone...especially Santa for taking care of my girl this year!
Larry can't get enough of his little bed!
Nate just laid around all morning, smiling at everyone! What a happy baby!
Jake spoils me every year and this year was no different! He got me a new Macbook and new Dyson vacuum; two things I've wanted for quite a while! Thanks honey! I hope you enjoyed your ties, dvds, dress shirts and picture frame (as you can tell, I'm the frugal one)!
Nate got some toys and clothes but he mostly enjoyed the wrapping paper of course!

My aunt bought Lydia this ballerina where your feet connect so you can dance together! Lydia loves it and since she loves to dance, it's perfect! Now she has a partner!
We're so grateful for this time of year, remembering the birth of Christ, spending time with family and witnessing all the good that happens during Christmas time!

On Monday the 27th we took Lydia to see "Tangled" and what an adorable movie that was!

Tuesday we were invited to a Couples Christmas Bunko night. We had an ugly sweater contest, white elephant exchange and gift exchange! What a fun night it was. There were 28 of us so we headed up to Heather's parents house in their gym for all the fun!

Here we all are in all our glory with our Ugly Sweaters!
Oh yeah, we're rockin' it! Don't be jealous of our sweet sweaters!

Here's Jake getting ready to cheat!!! Cheater!!!
Every couples bunko party I've been to has been so crazy because the guys get so into it. Well, this night was no different...only one chair was broken though so not too much damage!

It was such a fun night! Thanks Angie and Heather for putting it all together! Hopefully this will become an annual thing!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

5 comments:

Bel said...

That Bunco was crazy loud but oh so fun :) Glad we could hangout for little bit. I LOVE Lydias doll house, I really want to get one for Brielle but I am afraid we don't have anymore room for it in our small house. She will have to wait until we move, hehe! I think its so cute how you all got dressed for Xmas and are wearing festive colors, such a beautiful family!! I can't believe its new years eve today?! Wow crazy, anyway I am just rambling, lol! Z you tonight, Yay!!

Draper's said...

Your family looks gorgeous for Christmas. I love Lydias hair curled, so cute!! Looks like a great Christmas!! That doll house is amazing.

Joey and Nettifer said...

love your family christmas picture! You look good in red!
17 dolls! GOod lyd's for being such a good girl. Love the doll that will dance with you! Oh my adorable. Your aunt is so sweet! I should say Lyd's got spoiled. Look at all those presents for her! Love it ! More the merrier in my book!
Your christmas looked wonderful!

Heather Jones said...

LOve the doll house so cute! I wish my girls would have wanted stuff like that. Loved your bonco shirts and yes jake is a cheater!! So much fun! It looks like you had a great Christmas!!

melynda said...

Looks like you had a wonderful christmas. i havent gotten the chance to talk to you. but i wanted to tell you thanks for the sweet gifts. that was really nice.
Merry Christmas (late) and Happy New Year!!