What a fun week we've had. I just love the holidays and all the fun stuff there is to do.
Lydia had her very first preschool Christmas party and I signed up to be there for a craft and game. It was so fun to see Lydia excited to see me and to also see her so confident in interacting with her new friends.
Aimee was there with me also so that was fun!
The Best Friends Brock, Lydia and Jordan. Lyd just loves these boys and I'm so happy they're in school together and will be next year as well!
Lydia did pretty well. She didn't sing much but at least she stayed in her chair and smiled the whole time! I just think she is the cutest little girl!! Love her!
Brock and Lydia smiling...not singing! Lydia is confident on stage dancing but not so much when she sings (just like her mama)!Ducka, myself, Alison and Margo waiting outside in the cold before we were let in.
We had to get there 2 hours early to wait in line to be sure we got in and got good seats! You wouldn't believe the lines! It was crazy! That little Archuleta is one popular kid in the SLC! I can see why...he's such a cute, talented kid! Thanks again Margo! You're awesome for giving us a girls' night out!
Afterward we went to this amazing pastry place but it was so dang busy that we didnt' get home til like 11pm. But it was well worth it! Thanks for taking us Margo!!!
You can't tell in the below pic, but the lines were insane. Although we got there two hours early, we were still a couple hundred people back in one of the MANY lines you had to get into! Well worth it though!!!
On Sunday we finally decorated our gingerbread house. I got it at Costco not realizing that the house came already built. I was ticked...even though it's a pain to put the walls and roof together yourself, we love it and we love the challenge so we hated that it was already together! No more costco Gbread houses for us! We also buy our own candy cuz the candy they give is LAME-O. It's so fun to be creative and think of new things to do.
Having said that, it was last minute buying the candy so we weren't too creative this year. We used to have a competition with our friends to see who's house was best so when there's pressure, you're always better. But this was Lyd's very first house building experience so it was fun to watch her and daddy do it together!

It turned out pretty cute! Good job Lyd's on your first house!
Gotta have a U flag right? It wouldn't be a Johnsen house without it!
So proud!
Jake has to be creative with pretty much everything he does. He can't be normal and just have a family picture on a christmas card that says "Merry Christmas"!
Gotta have a U flag right? It wouldn't be a Johnsen house without it!So we went out, I set up my tripod and got a picture of our family for our card.


6 comments:
Look at your getting all caught up on your posts. You certainly have been busy having fun. Great job Lydia on doing your first Xmas perfromance ours didn't go as smoothly last year, haha! Your gingerbread house looks really cute, love it! I guess we should have traded our houses since I wish mine had come pre-formed, lol! We really liked your Xmas card, its awesome how creative you guys are, love it!
This is a big post - I don't know where to start
GOod job Lyd's on dancing & preschool performance - love it is for the old people. How fun to help out with the christmas party too!
Love David - I agree we needed more songs with him.
loved your clever christmas cards - it made us laugh so hard! Why 2? Just curious
Love ginger bread houses and I love how they came already together. More time for decorating instead of holding the roof on. that is funny you like it the the other way. What Merry Christmas fun you have been having!
This year's was my favorite Christmas card ever! I can't believe you took this picture yourselves as well! It looks GREAT! Love you! Merry Christmas!
We loved the card even Kylie laughed hard good job! Love all the pictures on the card. The kids were darling and I am so glad they are in school together it is so fun. You are so lucky you got to go to the concert, wish I could have got to tickets to that one I heard it was great!
Hahaha! I laughed out loud when I read the inside. Jake is so funny! It is a cute picture of the whole family. You look so good!
Cute gingerbread house! I have to admit - we bought ours at Costco because I was glad it was already put together! HaHa! I can never make it work right so this year it did! But I agree - the candy with it was awful - next year we will have to buy 'extra' candy. Looks like you have had lots of fun - love the pics of our cute little kiddos!
Post a Comment