Saturday was such a fun day! One of my old co-workers and I went to lunch at our usual spot, The Dodo! Michelle was the first friend I made when I moved to Utah eight years ago so it was fun to catch up with her! Thanks Michelle for a fun morning of shopping and eating!
After that we invited some friends to dinner to Salt City Burger before we headed out to burn some calories ice skating!
Here are the Johnsen's ready to go. Jake has never been ice skating in his entire life so I knew it would be interesting. He thought it was going to be a piece of cake....wrong!!!
Jake got out there and fell within two seconds! He made it around the rink in about 12-15 minutes while clinging to the wall every second! It was awesome! Love you Hun! So glad you tried it at least! I just wish I would've gotten a picture! I did get video though...way better!
Jake got out there and fell within two seconds! He made it around the rink in about 12-15 minutes while clinging to the wall every second! It was awesome! Love you Hun! So glad you tried it at least! I just wish I would've gotten a picture! I did get video though...way better!The girls' had fun though! We held hands as we skated around who knows how many times!
I can't even tell you how much Lydia LOVED ice skating! She fell about a million times but laughed, got back up and kept going! She told me she wanted something else from Santa: Ice skates. I said it was too late to tell Santa of any other things...maybe next year!
Go Anabel!
Joe was the only guy brave enough to get out there for more than 10 minutes! He was even crazy enough to strap Mathias to his chest! Don't worry people...Joe's a pro!
All the girls'!!!
It seriously was so much fun! I'm so glad we went and had our friends' come along! It's always more fun for Lydia to have her little girl friends to play with.
Everyone was calling it quits and going home for the night but Lyd's was a trooper and wanted to keep going! Sure, why not?!! After making it around 1 1/2 times (and multiple falls later) she had her first big accident! If know my Lydia, it wouldn't be a complete night out unless Lydia got hurt at least once!
We were stopped on the side of the rink while she asked me hilarious questions then as she started skating again, she lost her balance, fell on the ice and her hand landed right on the blade of my skate and sliced her skin wide open! She screamed bloody murder as I scooted her off the rink to get help! Poor thing! She was SUPER brave though. She usually doesn't let me look at her ouchies but this time she did. She even let me put on the stinging antibiotic ointment, which she NEVER lets me do! Way to go Lyd's! You were amazing! She wants to go ice skating again very soon so at least she's not traumatized! And we'll be wearing gloves next time!
Here's her cut the next day! From the beginning of the cut to the end, her skin was just dangling there! So gross! Luckily she didn't need stitches! Hopefully next time we go, there won't be anything but good old fashioned falls!!!
4 comments:
Love ice skating I can't wait to do it with my family. Too bad we missed the fun but we already had something planned on that day. Poor Lydia but great attitude you go girl!!
That was sooooo much fun, thanks for inviting us it was definitely more fun with friends :) The girls did such an awesome job, so proud of them. Yeah my solo picture is not my best face but I was having to much fun to care, hehe! Oh poor Lyds, I saw her at church and asked her what happened, she told me your skate cut her. I was hoping it wasn't true but I see it was :( She is a trooper wanting to go again, way to go!!
yeah for ice skating! Loved it! Thanks for putting it together. I can't wait to go again! It made me feel young - how silly is that.
Sorry that happened to Lyd's that is so sad. Poor thing always gets hurt! I can't stop lauging at her skating though. She is hilarious! Must take after her daddy - Jacob was pretty hialrious too! Atleast he tried - joey no way no how!
So sad we missed it I would love to have seen Jake! Poor lydia's finger! I am sure when we go with you next time out of us seven someone will get hurt I am betting on Kens!
Post a Comment