Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Thanksgiving Week!

My brother David flew in for our dad's funeral (I'll eventually blog about that when I'm ready). He passed on November 15th and the funeral was November 19th. We drove down to Price and spent a couple of days then headed back home to spend some time with David at our house. David had the idea to go up into the mountains, explore and take some pictures, so that's what we did.

If my dad had the choice he would have LIVED in the mountains. They were his absolute favorite place to be so I thought it perfect to go up and remember my dad surrounded by what made him so happy!

Big Cottonwood Canyon
I could not believe the wind. It was seriously blowing us over. On the trails I had a death grip on Lydia because I was scared she would fly over the edge.
Lydia loved it and thought it was hilarious! Jake stayed in the car with Nate.



Here's my bro enjoying the beautiful mountain scenery!
When we got home from Price I walked into the kitchen and found these beauties on the counter.
We actually got a few bouquets from family and friends and I have to say it meant the world to me. It was so sweet and so thoughtful so thank you, thank you, thank you for your thoughts and prayers! It feels nice to be surrounded by such love kind gestures.

We finally finished our Thankful Tree. I love it and it was nice to look at all day long and be reminded of all that I have and all I have to be grateful for, even though it's been such a sad and stressful year!
We have loved the snow and have had a lot of fun playing in it!
Daddy took Lydia out front to make a snowman.



Here is our classic snowman.
And Jake wouldn't be a Ute Fan without transforming our classic snowman into a Utah Football Player!
After the tons of snow we got the other day, I took Lydia out back and pulled her around for what seemed like FOREVER on the sled in the backyard (wow, what a work out that was)!!!
We lasted so long and played so hard that snow started forming and making snowballs around her hair. It was so funny!
We also had Lizzy over to play. They had tons of fun playing out back!

It's been a fun week and a nice distraction from all the sadness in the family. Thanksgiving was the perfect time to reflect and remember how truly lucky I am and how blessed my life really is! I have an amazing family and wonderful friends. What more could a gal want or need? :)

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

love the pic of Lydia jumping into the snow! Adorable! Love the snowball in her hair too! Hilarious! Snow is so fun!
GOod times with your bro!
Glad you liked the flowers!

Bel said...

Its wonderful that you got to still have a fun Thanksgiving weekend inspite of your dads funeral days before. Love the pictures of Lydia playing in the snow and that snowman looks HUGE!! We still haven't played in the snow once, maybe now that Joe is back. Oh and thank you once again for the pumpkin pancakes, seriously YUMMY!!!

Draper's said...

Love the snowman!! Especially when it was a Ute snowman. Lydia is so cute!! You are a fun mom: hiking in the crazy wind, playing for hours in the snow, making a snowman. you are awesome!!

Heather Jones said...

I am glad even after everything with your dad you still had a good weekend. Love jakes snowman and Lydias hair way cool that does not happen too often. glad your Mom is here to take care of you!