Monday, July 05, 2010

Toy Story, Lagoon, BBQ's, Carrie Underwood & 4th of July!

Wow, what a fun week its been with Grandma Frandsen in town. So let's start from the beginning...

Last week we went and saw Toy Story 3 because we heard how good it was and it definitely lived up to the hype; such a cute movie! Loved it so much! We went as a family and even took baby Nate. Of course he slept through the whole thing. This kid is sleeping 20 hours a day, no joke! It's nuts how much he's sleeping. The pediatrician said I'm just one lucky mama to get a kid that sleeps this much! It's like he's not even there! I just love snuggling him when he sleeps; he's so cuddly!
Then last Wednesday we took a trip to Lagoon. It had been years since my mom went so we thought it would be fun for her to see Lydia on all the rides. We had lots of fun!
And of course, here's what Nate did the whole time! We were there for about 4-5 hours and he only woke up once for about 15 minutes to eat, then he was down for the count again!
It was fun to go and finally get to ride some rides!
Here's our cute little family of four!
Then on Friday, July 2nd we had our 3rd bbq of the summer and had some family and friends over! Jake smoked his AMAZING brisket again and it was delicious!
Wow, Nate is sleeping again...shocking!
The kids playing on the swing eating treats!
Lydia and Brock wanted to be like the adults and play badminton. It was so cute to watch them try and hit the birdie!
On Saturday, July 3rd I FINALLY got to see my Carrie Underwood in concert! I missed her last time she was in town so I swore that I would see her next time she came. Unfortunately for Jake, she was in town this time in Provo, at the BYU stadium (Stadium of Fire). Thanks honey for sacrificing and going down to a place you hate so much! And thanks for not getting into a fight with any BYU fans!
Before the concert, we found a park and had a picnic! Here's Nate and myself and once again, he's sleeping! One day I'll get a shot of him awake!!
Watching the sun set as we wait for the show to start! Carrie Underwood sang the National Anthem and WOW, she is amazing! God Bless this Country and God Bless those who serve!
I thought it would be fun for us to all wear red! I just love my little family...and what do you know?! Nate is out again!
Us with Grandma Frandsen!
Carrie Underwood was incredible! I just love her and have from the beginning of her career! She did not disappoint! She's actually better in person than she is on her album if that's even possible! I can't wait to see her real show with dancers, costume changes and a full set! She is definitely my girl crush :) Such a hottie and SO talented!
The fireworks were crazy! They were literally RIGHT in front of us just over our head...kinda scary actually. Lydia was scared (for the third year in a row) but after a minute or so she finally opened her eyes while feeling protected wrapped in daddy's arms. It was so cute! Way to go Lyd's for FINALLY watching them! It only took three years!
On Sunday, we had a bbq to celebrate the 4th of July!
I know....he's sleeping again...ridiculous!
Grandma Frandsen with two of her cute grand kids!
That night the Watts invited us over for fireworks. Nate had had enough from the night before so I opted to stay home to give him a break. So Jake took Lyd's over to have some fun. Thanks so much Anabel for the pics! You're awesome. And thanks Watts...Lydia had so much fun!
Anabel opened up her shutter and got some really cool pics of the girls' playing with their sparklers!
Then today (the 5th) we went shopping then enjoyed some dinner at The Pie, frozen custard for dessert and then headed to the park to play!
I know, it's getting out of control with the pictures of Nate sleeping. He's had such a great week of movies, concerts, Lagoon, Rage, fireworks, etc. and he's slept through all of it! Such a good baby though (how could you not be when you sleep all the time); eating good, sleeping great and never cries! We love you Nate and we're so glad to have you in our family!

The past two weeks have been so much fun and we've been so lucky to have G-ma Frandsen here with us! We love you G-ma and appreciate all you've done for us these past 14 days! So glad you could come to meet our sweet little boy and do all these fun things with us! So sad you're leaving but we'll see you again soon!

5 comments:

Bel said...

Wow girl you are going and going! So glad to see you back full speed and having so much fun :) You are sooooo lucky baby Nate sleeps so much, I wish Mathias was like that, hehe! We will have to hangout soon and you are totally welcomed for the pics, thought you might like them. So sad your mom leaves soon but we will love to have Lyds over so you can get some naps in :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a fun time with grandma & baby two has not slowed you down one bit! GOod job!
GOod job on the good sleeper! I tell you it is the fish oil! No joke! I am so happy for you that he is such a good sleeper!
Love all the fun you have been up too!

Heather Jones said...

boy have you been having fun! I am sooo jealous you went to Carrie I would have loved that I love her to I agree she would be my girl crush!! I love that Jake has his utes hat on there,. So jealous your baby sleeps so much I wish mine did. I need more then 4 hours of sleep it is getting to me. So sad we could not come to the bbq hopefully next time!

H&HJohnsen said...

I don't want to hear one more complaint about Nate sleeping so much!! You are soo lucky.. that is awesome. I'm glad that things are going well and he is such a good baby after such a hard pregnancy you deserve it!!

Margo said...

Wow girl you are on the go go go!! I looove Carrie glad you had a great time with your family. Wow you have been very busy with baby Nate and I loooove how he sleeps so much!! That is awesome!! Enjoy!! Sad that your Mom has left but I'm sure it was nice having her around.