Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy 8 Years...More Summer Fun!

I thought I'd start this post with a pic I forgot I took a week or so ago of Lyd's. After Brielle's b-day party, we came home and Lydia watched one of her music shows. One of Lydia's favorite things to do is play the guitar hero drums. She has now convinced herself that they are her drums. It's so cute to watch her play all the time...and it's even cuter when she's wearing fairy wings and a tutu. Kind of an oxymoron to wear that precious fairy outfit and rock out on the drums!
Last Friday the 23rd, Jake and I celebrated 8 years of marriage together. He had been out of town for two weeks and was flying in on our anniversary at 7pm. BUT...he had the worst flying day known to man EVER and didn't get in until 20 minutes before midnight so we celebrated for 20 minutes on the actual day! A pic from 8 years ago!!!
On Saturday, we met up with our buddies Anabel and Joe for the best movie EVER, Inception. It was so intense from beginning to end. A must see for sure! Glad we could spend part of our anniversary celebrating with you. Glad it worked out that we could see it together!
Our 8 year anniversary picture. I'm a tad pastier that I was 8 years ago :)
Since Jake was out of town, I got these beauties sent to me. Yummy!!!
I got Jake yet another piece of Utah Utes memorabilia! If all else fails, get Utes stuff and Jake is a happy man. Lydia and I made daddy a sign to show him how much we missed him while he was gone. Jake, you are a wonderful father and husband. I'm so happy to be spending eternity with you!!!
On Sunday evening we had a little cul-de-sac/neighborhood party. As usual, we know how to party. It was so much fun hanging out with everyone. I love this neighborhood. Of course Lyd's and Brielle stuck together most of the night. We had a treat table set out and the kids went to town!
When it got a bit darker, they set up and rocked out. Jake was entertaining as always singing some Metallica. We had a great night and great weekend. I love summer and all the fun activities that go on!
Here is Todd, Skee, Aimee and Angie playing! So much fun! I forgot how much I love that game.

Thanks for a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

I was sitting right next to you when you took that picture of Lyd and Brielle! So cute!

Bel said...

I am so glad we were able to spend the weekend hanging out :) Happy Anniversary I am sorry your hubby missed the actual day but at least he go home safely and we got to go to a movie date the next day, and that is a treat after having kids, hehe! I love your wedding picture, you guys looks so young and you look beautiful!! Thanks for inviting us to the block P-A-R-T-Y, that was a lot of fun. Bri and Lyds were so cute together. That picture of Lyds playing with her tutu, so funny, love it!!! I am glad she liked her tutu and wings, that color looked stunning on her.

Joey and Nettifer said...

happy 8th anniversary! When are we going to switch babysitting for our anniversary night?
Love lyd's with the tutu and those strawberries look amazing!
Sorry Jake's flight sucked! Especially on your annivesary! Suck!

Heather Jones said...

Happy anniversary!! I am sorry he was gone but how sweet to send yummy food. Todd would probably just call! Love lydia in the fairy costume so cute. It was so fun talking and playing sunday thanks for letting us chill in your yard! Jake killed me when he sang soooo funny! We need more of that for sure.I have heard that movie rocks hopefully we will get to it before video

Emilee said...

Congrats on 8 years! So Ive now known you guys 8 years. Isnt it funny how it all works out. We love you guys and are so glad for the mish to bring us all toether. Cant wait to see you!

Cousin Melisa said...

I would never think that Jake would be a Metallica fan,,,love it:) Your lil Lyd's is the cutes thing ever can't wait to see your family in October we need to decide when we want to do the lil ones b-day party!! I had a great visit with Gram and Gramps yesterday,, I always feel so much better when I go to visit them... Love you and miss you!