Sunday, April 04, 2010

EaSteR WeEk!!!

What a fun and busy week we've had this week. On Wednesday we hung out with some friends for dinner and Easter egg dying! Lydia was so into it just sitting there next to me dying her eggs. It was so fun how into it she was.
Here's Madelyn, Lincoln and my Lyd's!
Lydia making marble eggs.
Thanks for dinner Watts'. It was yummy!
On Friday afternoon we went with some friends to the aquarium to see the new penguin exhibit! It was pretty cool to get that close to penguins. I don't think I've ever been able to see them that close up, diving and playing games with one another. Here's Madelyn, Iza and Lydia.
Madds and Lyd's
Brock and Lydia trying to pet the sting ray (they never touched one, the sting ray were being lazy and never moved)!
That night we went to visit my dad in the hospital, then out to dinner we went, just the three of us. My dad is doing very well, by the way! Thanks to everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.
On Saturday we enjoyed a full day of conference....very nice!!!

Sunday, Lydia woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had come to visit. There were baskets for all of us (except for Jake...I know I heard the Easter bunny say he wasn't bringing gifts for the mom's and dad's this year so I must've missed the memo that stated we were getting gifts after all! Way to make me look like a jerk...again)! Thanks a lot! :)

But here are Lyd's and Larry with their loot!
Lydia got the cutest little bunny and so far she's been a hit!
In between conference sessions we headed to Rod and Sue's for brunch and an Easter egg hunt. Here's Lydia with her BFF Elizabeth before the hunt began.
The Hunt...it was in a few of the rooms downstairs but they all seemed to want to stay together!
Lydia showing off her dollar in one of the eggs...
Then we headed home for the last session of conference and the last egg hunt of the year (she went to 4 total...crazy!!!).

Lydia was running around like crazy looking for the eggs that the Easter Bunny left her. Every time she found an egg she'd say, "EGG!!!" Every time. It was so cute the way she said it!




I can't get over how precious Lydia is. She was so good for all 8 hours of conference talks. She'd either be playing quietly by herself, reading books in her room, listening to the talks or finally, doing this...

So precious. I love it when she's all cuddly and well behaved. I seriously don't know why the Lord chose Jake and I to raise this precious little angel. She's your typical 3 year old with a lot of learning to do but there's just something so special about her. It's like I haven't even had to raise her; the Lord just instilled in her these amazing qualities and I'm so happy to know her and to be able to help guide her down the right path.

Conference was so amazing this weekend. I learned a lot and I now realize, even more than I did before this weekend happened, how important our role is as parents of these amazing, young, impressionable children. I'm so grateful for those 8 hours of amazing talks and spiritual songs. I love that I continue to have a wonderful guideline on how to become a better person, mother and wife on a daily basis. I love that sweet reminder twice a year!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

Erin,
You are always so good to post and I am terrible with keeping up. It looks like you guys have been having tons of fun. I read the post about your dad and I just began to cry, I can see that your testimony has been strengthened so much and you have helped to strengthen mine. You are such an amazing person and I know that your dad is so grateful to have such an incredible daughter. You have taught me so much about forgiveness and I pray that if that time ever comes when I need to accept that person back in my life that I will be as accepting as you have been.

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a good Easter Weekend! I took those two pictures of the kids at the aquarium. Thanks for taking them for me!
Lyd's is precious I would agree! The Easter bunny made a good stop at your house and she for sure deserves it!
I love cuddle time especially when they fall asleep on you! So precious!
So glad your dad is doing better! You are such an amazing example to me! Love your testimony!

Bel said...

It sure was a fun Easter weekend. I think it was even more special with conference wknd on top of it, the meaning of Easter seems to have really go hand in hand with it. Love Lyds doing her very own egg hunt, way to go on the pictures I like the one were you focused on the egg and she is in the background, very good seems like the class helped out :)

I am also very happy to hear you daddy is doing better, yay! Way to go on being an example of staying home and listening to all the conference talks, you are a spiritual GIANT!

Heather Jones said...

It looks like you guys had a great Easter weekend! Lydia is so cute always sitting so well at church. I sure hope she stays so wonderful for you guys. Ky's used to be like that and now she is a stinker half the time. Glad your dad is doing better also. I agree you are a spirtitual giant I need to be better at taking time to improve. Happy Easter!

Margo said...

What a great Easter Weekend you had!! Looks like Lydia got to do lots of EASTER Egg Hunt!! You are taking great pictures, that is awesome!! I need to go to the aquarium and meet those penguins. Looks like it was a blast!! Looooove Lydia's tutu way cute!!! You are so talented!! Lydia is such a beautiful girl!! What a fun place to be dinosaur museum is a cool place and glad that Lydia had fun with her cousins!! You always do fun stuff with Lydia and I admire you for that!!