Thursday, April 08, 2010

Dino Museum and Little Lyd's

We headed off to the Dinosaur Museum for the second time in a few weeks. This time we invited some of Lydia's cousins and what do you know? Lydia wasn't as scared this time. She was still a tad weary of the dark but she didn't cry this time like she did last time. Whenever she has some adolescent support, she always does more than she does when it's just me!

Sorry the pictures look so crappy! I'm still trying to figure out how to use my camera in horrible, indoor lighting!
This time Lydia was into the trees in the water area. She collected them all and built an island to put them on.
Matthew, Lizzy, Will and Lydia


I think I've made my last tutu. I mean, I've made so may for her that I think I've used every color I can think of that she'd like. But this time I made a filled tutu instead of the other kind I usually make. I think it turned out pretty cute for my first time and not really knowing what the crap I was doing. Actually, the model for this tutu far outshines the tutu itself!!! Lydia's sweet little face just makes me smile!

I've been taking a couple of camera classes with some friends so I can actually figure out how to use this thing I call a camera. I mean, you spend the money on the camera, you might as well learn how to use it!
I'm trying to learn about shutter, aperture/depth of field and all that fun stuff. I'm a beginner but once again, my precious Lyd's makes any picture look good!


Then we headed outside for the afternoon and enjoyed the nice weather. I told Lydia to run around a lot so I could figure out my AV/depth of field mode on the camera.


It was fun hanging out with Lydia all day in the backyard taking pictures. She's becoming more like her father every day; an outgoing ham who poses for the camera any chance she gets!!

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a fun trip to the musueum! That place is so much fun! I love your nephew's shirts! Hilarous with the fake muscles!

Your tutu's ae so flipping cute! But I agree with you. Lyd's is stinking cute!

You are doing good with your pictures! Good job and way to go on learning something new.

Sorry I have sucked at call you back. I will, life has been crazy!

Loves!

Bel said...

The tutu turned out really good, way to go it looks pretty complex :) I love how well she posed with it on, so adorable! I see you are practicing on you camera, great job! I haven't even done much myself, haha! Did you figure out if you are coming with me to the class next week again? No pressure. We shall see you tomorrow anyway, so excited to spend another weekend with the Jonhsens!!

Delibette said...

Where is the Dinosaur Museum? It looks way fun. I think I may have to take my kids there, next time I visit Utah. The tutu is way cute. I think your pictures are awesome. You are full of talents. Btw, Lydia, WOW! she is SO gorgeous. Hope the next 10 weeks by way fast and you feel good, healthy, and strong when your little man come home. So excited for you. Good Luck! :)

Heather Jones said...

Way cute tutu I really should make those for the girls they would love them. You will have to teach me how sometime I would love it. Your pictures are cute I should take a camara class then maybe I could get mine to work. That museum is always fun but, even better with friends.

Da Woman said...

Erin, she is just the most beautiful little girl! I love that you sew tutu's. You are great!!