Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FHE and 28 Weeks Pregnant!

L. Tom Perry said this of Family Home Evening:

"The Church has established two special times for families to be together. The 1st is centered around the proper observance of the Sabbath day. The 2nd time is Monday night. We are to teach our children in a well-organized, regular FHE. No other activities should involve our family members on Monday night. This designated time is to be with our families."

I'm trying so hard to make sure that we have FHE consistantly this year. It's always been a struggle for us to have an organized, consistant FHE but I know that if we do this, we will be blessed as a family. It was one of my New Year's Resolution's to do this EVERY week and I've stunk at it...until a few weeks ago. I found the talk above by L. Tom Perry a few weeks ago and it woke me up big time and made me realize how important it actually is to have FHE weekly. We've been doing pretty good and we also went on our first outing to the Rec Center to go swimming. Lydia has been begging me to go swimming for weeks and I finally gave in. I mean, swimming when I'm 30 pounds heavier than normal is not exactly my idea of a good time but it was worth it seeing Lydia so happy for a couple of hours!!! So after our lesson, off to the Rec Center we went.

The funny thing is, is that Lydia was too scared to go beyond the kiddie area so she basicallly just waded until I talked her into going down the 3 foot slide in that same kiddie area. My sweet, reserved, VERY cautious Lydia! She's definitely a follower so if she doesn't have a friend there to push her to try new things, she usually won't! I guess I'm ok with that. She'll grow in her own time :)

L. Tom Perry said this about Family Home Evening in his closing remarks (I used this in our first FHE lesson this year):
"May it be our resolve this year to build a gospel-centered home, a safe harbor from the storms of our adversary...May this be our year for enjoying the light and truth of the gospel in our homes. May our homes truly become places of refuge from the world is my humble prayer."
I could not agree more with that statement. I always want Lydia to feel the spirit in our home and to feel like home is a place to feel safety and comfort. I just love my little family so much and I'm so proud of the progress we've made this year. We have quite a ways to go but I know the Lord is pleased with our progress thus far! We just need to keep it up!
Well, here I am in all my glory at 28 weeks pregnant. The time has actually gone by so fast, I can't believe it! Even though I was sick for 14 of those 28 weeks, it still has flown by. I've gained 33 pounds thus far but I'm finally feeling good.
I got to have one last Ultra Sound. At the last u/s they found a little cyst on his head so they wanted another one to make sure that it was gone, and it was! It was pretty fun to see him again, although because of how big he was, it was hard to see much. I had been telling Lydia all day that we were going to see a picture of baby brother and when she saw it, of course she kept asking, "Where is he?" The u/s was just a bit too confusing for her.
His heartbeat was 134 bpm and everything looked perfect. He's about 12 inches and weighs in at just under 3 pounds (so why in the heck have I gained 33. LOL). And of course he didn't lay still for one second. He's been moving non stop for weeks and what a blessing that is. After having a miscarriage, it changed me. I'm so paranoid about everything. Because he's so active, I get nervous if I don't feel him for a while. I was actually really nervous about this u/s. I was afraid something would be wrong. But look at that profile....I don't see anything wrong with that :)
I know I just need to let go and enjoy these last few weeks with my boy and that's what I plan on doing!!!!

4 comments:

Bel said...

I love your sweet belly and the U/S pictures is adorable, a perfect profile picture!! I can't wait to meet that little guy, we are so excited for you guys :) So funny that Lyds was too scared to try it out, Bri did the exact same thing! We took Bri swimming when I was at the end of my pregnancy as well and she would not go anywhere either. Our girls are so similar it makes me laugh (just like their mama's!). We totally need to take them togehter I think they will do it if they have each other!!

PS. So excited about our photo classes we are going to rock!

Joey and Nettifer said...

You look beautiful in your swimsuit and preggers. That shows you how much you life your family. Love that you are doing fhe. The blessings are amazing. Families that play together stay together.

Ok that babies gave is so cute! U can't wait to life on him. You look so good. Pregnancy sure makes you glow:) I am so glad everything is king good for the little guy and that he is healthy

melynda said...

he does have big lips. i LOVE it! i love ultrasound pictures, they are just so amazing.

i have been trying to do fhe too. its hard for me, i didnt do it growing up so i never remember. but that quote was great, it really is important!! i am glad you are doing so well.

Margo said...

I know I've said before you look great even pregnant!! Love that you do FHE every week and thank you for sharing Elder Perry Talk on the importance of doing FHE. I can't wait to see that cute little boy of yours. Glad that everything is okay!!