Lydia and I decided a couple of weeks ago that we needed to have some fun before baby brother comes. I figure it's easier to carry around 40 extra pounds of belly than it is a stroller, baby, diaper bag, etc... As many of you know, I'm kind of a homebody so I don't have much motivation to get ready and go do fun things every day, but after doing it the past couple of weeks, its been so much fun hanging out with my little
Lyd's and getting out every day!
So we've been on a mission to do all the fun things we can think of before he gets here in 7 1/2 weeks. This was day one of our "week one of fun" last week:
Wednesday
The Tulip Festival

It was so much fun taking pictures of this little gal and fiddling with my camera to try and figure it out!
.JPG)
.JPG)
We spotted an owl nesting on one of the ledges by the waterfall.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
I LOVE how this one turned out...the flowing water. I love my camera the more I figure out the cool things it can do!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
The weather was supposed to be really crappy and rainy this day but we took our chances. So on the drive down to
TP it poured rain but literally the minute we got out of the car the rain
stopped the sun came out and it got really warm. We
must have done something right :)
.JPG)
We brought a lunch and had a picnic in the car and 5 minutes into the picnic, it started hailing huge sized hail for about 45 minutes. Wow, talk about perfect timing.
Here's Lydia proud that she found the letter "L" in her chip! Love this age!

Then the minute we got to Farm Country, the rain stopped and we had the whole place to ourselves! Wow, perfect!
Farm Country
.JPG)
She loved feeding the cows and petting the horses!

.JPG)
And of course she took her ride on one the horses...she chose the biggest one!
Yay, she's growing out of her shy/scared stage!
Petting the baby ChicksThen we headed over to Aunt Beashes school to pet the newly hatched baby chicks that she has in her classroom. So adorable!
Apparently baby chicks love big, soft bellies because this little one got very comfortable on my belly!
.JPG)
So much so that it fell asleep right on top of baby brother!
.JPG)
Day one of fun before baby brother comes....success!!!
3 comments:
oh I can't wait to go to the tulip festival! This darn weather! Your pictures are beautiful!
Love the baby chick asleep on your belly. She must know you are a mommy! What a fun day!
You are so darling! We have been wanting to hit up the tulip festival as well and now I'm inspired. Love all the sweet pictures of that beautiful little Lydia. Can't wait to see the rest of your adventures!
What beautiful pictures! You are talented at picture taking. I for one am not. I love your idea of getting out and about before the little one comes. Oh I wanted to get your address so I can send you a little something for the little guy. I am so excited for you.
Post a Comment