This is one of my fav's. A purple tutu with ribbon. I got ideas off of the Internet and then just made up my own thing according to my taste. I think this one turned out cute. I like the skinny purple ribbon wrapped around the tulle.
Here's Lydia glad to see Larry home.
Dr. Gubler said the surgery went really well except for the fact that he threw up a lot after surgery because of the three different types of anesthesia. Poor guy! The doctor also said that this knee was a lot worse than the first one so he'll probably get arthritis in that knee a few years earlier than a normal dog....well, if you know Larry, nothing about him is normal :) Because his knee was so bad, they had to do a few extra procedures during surgery to fix the problem. Poor guy! We love you Lar and are glad to have you home.
Look at that scar...now it matches his other knee!
Larry's not allowed to jump on anything or go upstairs AT ALL for 6 weeks. Yikes!!!!! So I have to carry him everywhere since we have stairs everywhere. I keep telling Jake that Larry was meant to be with us in our little family because a lot of people may not be able to handle all of his problems and costs but me being the greatest dog/animal lover there is, our family would pay any price or go to any length for that crazy boy of ours. He's our family and we love the crap out of him :)
Also, for the next 6 weeks Larry will have to live without his favorite place, his couch where he basks in the sunlight and watches the neighbors outside!
Lydia was so concerned about the surgery that yesterday we decided to go to Costco and get Larry a huge box of treats and some chew toys for his recovery. Then Lydia decided to share her Pablo with him to make him feel better. So sweet, Lydia just loves her big brother.
Seriously, is he not the most gorgeous boy you've ever seen? Seriously, he's stunning. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his mama. He's such a cutie and we love him so much.
Side note: we had a little scare within the first three hours of his homecoming. Lydia was walking and somehow stepped her 30 pound frame exactly on Larry's scar...OF COURSE!!!! He got up and ran away so I went to go check on him and his surgery site is just gushing blood. So I took him back to the vet and the nurse said they may need to put some staples in to close the wound. Seriously? Hasn't my boy been through enough. At this point Larry is shaking like a leaf and I'm doing all I can to comfort him, but just like a child he doesn't understand. He just wants to go home. Then Dr. Gubler came in and said it wouldn't be necessary. Thank goodness. The bleeding stopped and our boy is ok. Phew, crisis averted!
8 comments:
Poor Larry - I didn't know his surgery was so soon! We will have to bring him a treat next week. What we do for our dogs! However, they were our first children, right?!
Oh poor Larry!~ His leg looks so sore and painful! It is kind of weird to see his leg shaved! He doesn't have much hair to begin with and then to see him with no hair -
Sorry that Larry got hurt after you brought him home - darn it!
Cute Tutu's! Love them!
Love your tutu's I need to learn how to do that for the girls! They keep telling me they want one. I love the lady bug so cute. Poor larry that looks like it hurts! I am glad he is ok for ya!
Those tutu's are so stinking cute. I think I want Emry to be a lady bug for halloween just so I can attempt to make that cute tutu. Sorry about Larry and the leg. He is very stunning. I can see why you spoil him.
Wow girl I love those tutu's, can't wait to see her wearing them at dance class. My favorite is the lady bug one as well so stinking cute!! Poor larry and his big surgery, hope he heals fast and does not have to go through it again. See you Thursday :)
Those tutu's are amazing. Great job girl! Poor Larry I hope he is feeling much better now. Looks like you had a fun vacation in Kansas with your family.
OMG!! I LOVE the Tutu's you made! You are too crafty! I just love the lady bug one, so fun. Im so happy your little one loves to dance.:) I can't wait for Avery to take dance. Anyway I think you should try making other stuff and I think you will be surprised how much fun and addicting it will become. Love it!
Those Tutu's are so cute! Poor little Larry. I hope he gets better soon. I understand when you say, you would do anything for your boy. I'm the same way with Rocky. Good Luck! Hopefully Larry give to your bank account a break :0)
Post a Comment